- Located in the suburb of Kingswood, only a short distance to shops, hospitals and local transport. Home to 102 residents, Newmarch House is evolving offerring a friendly environment for staff and residents.
An exciting opportunity for a passionate and highly motivated Care Manager to join an exceptional team of care professionals on a permanent fulltime basis. Working closely with the Residential Manager, you will ensure that our valued residents’ clinical and health outcomes are met and understood by overseeing the activities of our clinical team. You will also ensure the clinical excellence in the home, that all Anglicare policies, procedures and practises are followed and that clinical standards are continually improved. Moreover, you will ensure that a person-centred approach is taken to resident care.
To be successful in this role, you will have solid clinical experience, proven leadership capabilities and a true passion for enhancing the life and wellbeing of residents. The ideal candidate will be a People Manager, strong problem solver, team orientated and highly organised.
In return, you will be supported by an experienced clinical team of subject matter experts including Dementia, Palliative Care and ACFI.
- You will be responsible for establishing comprehensive communication between the multidisciplinary team within the facility and other relevant staff;
- You will ensure ACFI is optimised and suitable residents are admitted appropriately to our facility;
- You will work closely with the residents’ families, ensuring that they are fully informed about clinical issues relating to their relative;
- You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the effective functioning of the team through mentoring staff and sharing clinical knowledge and skills.
- Diploma(Diploma in Nursing) completed.
Additional Academic Requirements
Current nursing registration with AHPRA
Minimum 3 years of experience is required.
Additional Experience Requirements
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as Care Manager within Aged care
- A ‘hands on’ approach to ensuring quality clinical care
- The ability to supervise, delegate and work as part of a team
- A commitment to the Christian values of Anglicare
- Strong clinical knowledge including working knowledge of ACFI
- Demonstrated knowledge of the new aged care accreditation system
- Post graduate study in relevant discipline/s (geriatrics, dementia, palliative care) highly desirable
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Program Officer/ Manager
- Experience should include the following skills: NGO/Development
Application Deadline: 12 Aug 2020
Address: Hobart, Australia
Company Profile: Non-profit Organisation