- DownUnder GeoSolutions is an innovative geosciences company with a diverse range of capabilities. Our products and services are at the cutting edge of exploration and production services to the global oil and gas industry.
At DUG, our software development team is pivotal to our success, from creating experimental imaging software for internal services users and highly distributed processing systems for clients on our cloud processing platform, to innovative visualisations and task-focused user interfaces for cross-platform desktop users.
Were looking for an application developer to help realise our next generation of scientific processing applications, excited by the prospect of learning new domain knowledge, tools and techniques, and eager to extend these into innovative ideas of their own. As a Scientific Applications Developer, youll work with a small team of energetic problem solvers on ambitious software challenges. Guided by our agile continuous integration process youll rapidly deploy advanced features to internal users, while also meeting production schedules for stable releases to external clients. Youll show initiative by becoming proficient in the languages and technologies used in your projects, as well as the basic domain knowledge required to solve challenging software problems for your users. Youll employ your design smarts on new user interfaces, APIs, high performance computing and cluster data challenges. When submitting your application, youll have shown you have an eye for detail by including Shibboleth in your cover letter.
- high- and detailed-level design of scientific processing software
- implementation, testing, and maintenance of software in Java and/or C
- inspection and maintenance of software written by other members of the team
- becoming conversant in the problem domains of new and existing products
- acting as 3rd-level technical support, for otherwise-unresolvable customer issues
- providing and receiving regular, constructive feedback to and from your peers
- collaborating on priority and scheduling for rapid product iterations
- acting as mentor for an exceptional intern or junior developer
- Bachelor/ Honors in Computer Science And Engineering.
No experience is required.
- demonstrable expert-level skills as a software developer in C, C++, and/or Java
- a history of work in one or more of our major focus areas, such as 3D visualisation, data management and I/O, human/computer interaction, highly-parallel computing, or numerical processing,
- excellent written and spoken business and technical English, suitable for working directly with clients
- impeccable professional references
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Programmer/ Software Engineer
- Experience should include the following skills: IT/Telecommunication
Application Deadline: 22 Aug 2020
Address: Perth, Australia