- User Engagement (UN) unit is a IT consumer facing function that ensures efficient and effective use of IT Services resulting in overall end user satisfaction and productivity improvements.
- The position is responsible to provide a single point of contact for end users for 1st Level Incident Operation, Request and Asset Delivery Operation, Problem Operations, Service Experience Operations and providing Release & Deployment Support within the organization`s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware as well as mails, applications, network, OS etc. in workstations.
1. 1st Level Incident Operation Management
- Provide 1st Level Support related Applications, Hardware Testing & Troubleshooting;
- Mail & Network Troubleshooting, LAN, WLAN to users );
- Provide support to resolve Virus & Antivirus Troubleshooting, Operating System & Internet Troubleshooting;
- Deliver reinstallation service to the user in case of persistence problem;
- Provide solution to the users related to MFE problem;
- Identify, escalate and follow up the second level issues with different unit/vendors to ensure resolution and maintain single point of contact;
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical issues within the desktop environment
- Dealing with queries by following departmental procedures for fault resolution
2. Problem Operations
- Maintain log & follow up of recurrent and major issues and escalate to subject matter expert group for root cause analysis and follow up to get permanent resolution;
- Provide client level investigation reports to subject matter expert team for major and recurrent issues;
3. Service Experience Operations
- Create Knowledge based document.
- Prepare, execute and follow up of action items from survey, FGD meetings, site visit;
- Increase end user awareness on IT service (Technical Know-How) through e-mail; Upload and publish Knowledge management database to help end user getting online solution.
- Familiarize end users on basic software, hardware and peripheral device operation
- Operates within, enforces, and suggests modifications and additions to desktop standards and guidelines
- Develop technical knowledge of each system within company profile and specialized knowledge of certain nominated areas.
- Develop sound understanding of IT operations and related applications and IT systems as well as business related processes and procedures
4. Release & Deployment Support
- Complete all tasks of assigned internal replacement projects and assigned activities for cross functional projects;
- Works with other IT team members regarding new site builds and upgrades
- Troubleshoot post release issues in end user workstations and provide reports to subject matter expert 2nd level teams.
5. Request Management and Asset Operations
- Maintain Call/ticket log for in support tool and inventory tool
- Maintain adequate knowledge of operating systems and application software used to provide a high level of support
- Maintains and consistently demonstrates a general knowledge of company guidelines, processes, practices and procedures
- Arranges for and/or prepares equipment for shipping/receiving
- Provide user data and application recovery
- Use tools and methodologies to load, copy and customize operating system configurations for deployment
- Take ownership and responsibility of queries, issues and problems assigned
- Return defective equipment/parts to inventory, ensure accurate and documented asset transaction to avoid inventory discrepancy
- Conduct physical verification of IT Assets as required
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor Degree in any Discipline) completed.
Additional Academic Requirements
- Four-year university degree or MSc degree or Post Graduate Diploma in the field of computer science/Information Technology
- Certifications in ITIL / ISO20k / Linux /MAC / Microsoft /A+ / N+ etc. preferable.
- Skill in or have Training on Desktop / Storage / Server Virtualization / Cloud Computing, SAP etc.
1 - 2 years of experience is required.
Additional Experience Requirements
- 1 to 2 year(s)
- A+ and N+ experience
- Software and Hardware Troubleshooting
- Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 2000/2003/2008 experience
- Routers, switches and firewall experience
- Microsoft Office support
- TCP/IP , SQL , PCI-DSS Knowledge
- Working knowledge of SMS, AD, Exchange and remote control tools
- Knowledge of all software applications used within the organization
- Professional image and grooming
- Self-confidence and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Good administration management skills
- Strong listening skills
- Able to operate effectively in a team environment with both technical and nontechnical team members
- Able to operate with minimal supervision
- Able to manage time effectively, set priorities appropriately, schedule calls
- Able to maintain professional demeanor under stress
- Able to operate within customer standard operating procedures
- Excellent technical knowledge of pcs and desktop hardware.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components and peripheral accessories.
- Microsoft Desktop Support Technician an advantage
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel/project management skills.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating needs assessments, budgets, and so on.
- Able to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- 6 Days a week.
- 40-hour on-site work weekly with on-call availability.
- May be required to sit for extended periods of time.
- Travel may be required to concerned UNIT, Factory or Business areas.
- Occasional inspection / monitor ongoing projects and infrastructure setup.
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): IT System Management
- Experience should include the following skills: Manufacturing (Light Industry)
Apply as Guest
If you find yourself compatible to apply for the position kindly send your resume enclosing a recent passport size photographs to General Manager - HR & Admin, BOGCL Bashundhara Group, Bashundhara Industrial Headquarters - 1, Plot # 3, Block # G, Umme Kulsum Road, Bashundhara R/A, Dhaka - 1229.
Special Instruction: Please mention the position you are applying for on the top of the envelop.
Application Deadline: 5 Dec 2020
Plot # 125/A, Block# A, Bashundhara R/A, Road No - 2 Baridhara, Dhaka-1229, 4168, Bangladesh
Real Estate, Manufacturing, Trading etc.
Company Website: www.bashundharagroup.com