- About the Position:
The NYPD position of school crossing guard is part-time employment that comes with a personal sense of job satisfaction as you safeguard school children walking across busy intersections on their way to and from school. School crossing guards oversee and control traffic flow around schools in the morning, at lunch time, and at the end of the school day.
Entrusted with the safety of the city's schoolchildren, candidates for this position are asked to meet certain physical and medical requirements, and complete six days of training at the NYC Police Academy once appointed. In return, school crossing guards are rewarded with an exceptional opportunity to serve their community, while earning a competitive salary with family health insurance benefits.
Prospect Schools is a K-12 college preparatory community where excellent teachers prepare a diverse student body to have a positive impact on society and a lifelong passion for learning. Find more about who we are and what we believe by checking out our Prospector Principles.
- Curiosity: Develop sound judgment and intellect by asking questions confidently and thinking critically
- Care: Support others by grounding every action in empathy while championing equity and inclusion in our work
- Persistence: Grow and learn by solving problems with determination, creativity and tenacity
- Passion: Succeed by approaching challenges with excitement, enthusiasm and self assurance
- Higher Secondary(HSC) completed.
Additional Academic Requirements
There are no formal education or experience requirements for this job, but all candidates must be able to understand English and speak English well enough to be understood.
No experience is required.
- Prior to appointment, prospective candidates must pass a qualifying medical examination, which includes drug screening, and a character/background investigation.
- Once appointed, candidates must complete six days of training at the Police Academy.
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Guard
- Experience should include the following skills: Education/Training
Application Deadline: 14 Dec 2020
About the Company
Company Name: Prospect Schools