- Patrol and monitor buildings and grounds, on foot, bicycles and/or motorized conveyance, to provide incident prevention and detect signs of criminal or suspicious activity
- Conducts all mechanical and “punch” rounds per shift.
- Assists CSOII with incidents
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with members of the MBL campus community, students and faculty.
- Responds promptly to emergency situations, provide first aid if needed, and alert additional police or emergency personnel appropriate.
- Maintain radio communication with other security officers and the desk supervisor on campus, helping to coordinate emergency plans.
- Investigate disturbances, criminal activity and properly document such incidents in accordance with applicable policies and procedures, including but not limited to: disorderly behavior, directing vehicle traffic, emergency medical assistance, protective escorts, assault (physical or sexual), trespassing, parking violations, alcohol incidents, suspicious circumstances, unlock/lock doors, alarms both fire and related to physical plant such as heat, electricity, etc..
- Maintains logs and writes incident reports as appropriate. Completes all incident reports in timely manner, writes in a clear and legible style and submits all incident reports and accompanying paperwork required as defined by the Campus Security Manager to the Desk Supervisor.
- De-escalate difficult situations by remaining calm, being empathetic and maintaining impulse control. Requests emergency services assistance and provides support when necessary.
- Operate detection and electronic monitoring devices to screen areas (such as parking lots, equipment operations) and to properly prevent incidents in those areas or upon personnel.
- Ensure compliance with MBL Campus Security polices to protect MBL property, interests and persons on MBL premises.
- 1Utilize MBL Alert/Everbridge system for notifications to MBL personnel of circumstances natural, criminal and/or informational in nature.
- Must be able to train and certify (via Certification Board) on required equipment and procedures to include defensive tactics and handcuffing within the four (4) month probationary time frame.
- After an observation period of up to six months, the CSO I will be considered for training with Less Than Lethal (LTL) equipment and a promotion to the CSO II position upon successful completion of the LTL training and passing of the Certification board.
- Diploma(Diploma in Engineering) completed.
Additional Academic Requirements
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- Must possess and maintain a valid Massachusetts Driver's License with favorable driving record.
- Pass all pre-employment screening including but not limited to CORI and drug testing.
- Continued employment is contingent upon successful attainment and ability to perform duties associated with job and be able to complete required training which will involve physical training.
- Must have some security, law enforcement or military experience or education.
Minimum 1 years of experience is required.
Additional Experience Requirements
Must have a minimum of 1 year of security, law enforcement or military experience.
- Comprehension and accurate application of policies and laws.
- Written communication skills which support the ability to submit accurate documentation and effectively communicate.
- Demonstrate acceptable ability to use relevant equipment including computers, two-way radios, first aid equipment/kits, motorized conveyance and access control equipment.
- Customer focus, teamwork, creative problem solving, continuous learning, maintain and calm and professional demeanor during emergency and non-emergency situations involving individuals and groups.
- Availability for work must be conducive to our responsibility for 24 hr. coverage. This includes but is not limited to ability to work 8,10 or 12 hr. shifts, rotate day/even/ night if needed; provide coverage for weekends, holidays and mandatory overtime if necessary.
Physical effort requires walking, stooping and bending, running, standing, climb or descend multiple flights of stairs; perform CPR; deescalating aggressive behavior, dealing with intoxicated people, etc.; occasional lifting of lightweight objects (up to 40 pounds); will occasionally assist in restraining, handling or lifting individuals; discomfort from exposure to less than optimal temperatures and air conditions, including outdoor activities such as bike patrol; may deal with unpleasant situations, involving fights, weapons, and hazardous materials; lift and carry hand-held fire extinguisher and use if necessary; lift and carry assorted job related items including but not limited to handcuffs, pylons, chains, traffic control signs; occasional exposure to dust and fumes.
Ability to work outside throughout the duration of assigned shift if needed.
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Office Manager,Personal Secretary
- Experience should include the following skills: NGO/Development
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Schedule:10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift Weekends
Application Deadline: 25 Apr 2021