- A Research Associate position is available to work in the research group of Dr. Daniele Leonori at the University of Manchester on a ERC funded project on photoredox catalysis and organic electrochemistry. An ambitious organic chemist is required, with a prove track record in catalysis, synthesis and electrochemistry.
- For recent publications relevant to the project, see: (a) Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 744; (b) J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 8092; (c) Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 14017.
- Previous experience in photochemistry and/or electrochemistry and skills in anhydrous Schlenk techniques are an asset. The candidate is expected to be familiar with common laboratory techniques, general analytical tools and reaction screening methods. High level of English communication, both oral and written, is required.
- The successful candidate will either have a PhD in chemistry or have completed their PhD studies and submitted their PhD thesis by the start date.
- The School of Chemistry is strongly committed to promoting equality and diversity, including the Athena SWAN Charter for gender equality in higher education. The School holds a Silver Award which recognises their good practice in relation to gender; including flexible working arrangements, family-friendly policies, and support to allow staff to achieve a good work-life balance. For further information, please visit http://www.chemistry.manchester.ac.uk/about-us/athena-swan/
- The School is strongly committed to promoting equality and diversity, including the Athena SWAN charter for gender equality in higher education. The School holds a Silver Award which recognises their good practice in relation to gender; including flexible working arrangements, family-friendly policies, and support to allow staff achieve a good work-life balance. We particularly welcome applications from women for this post. Appointment will always be made on merit.
For further information, please visit:
The University of Manchester values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community
Please note that we are unable to respond to enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
Enquiries about the vacancy, shortlisting and interviews:
Name: Dr. Daniele Leonori
Tel: 0161 275 4499
Tel: 0161 850 2004
This vacancy will close for applications at midnight on the closing date.
About the Company
Company Name: University of Manchester
Address: Oxford Rd Manchester M13 9PL UK, , UNITED KINGDOM
At Manchester, we work closely with organisations ranging from government bodies to global businesses, from local health services to registered charities. These connections give our research programmes greater, more immediate impact.
We turn enthusiasm into achievement and groundbreaking theory into cutting-edge practice. You’ll quickly develop skills, knowledge and experience that will make employers sit up and listen.
Company Website: https://www.manchester.ac.uk/