The Dean of the College of Computer Engineering and Sciences provides leadership and vision to the College’s administration, academic programs, curriculum development, and faculty and staff development. By so doing, he contributes to the University’s overall planning and development. The Dean provides leadership and advocacy for strategic and budgetary planning and faculty and staff recruitment, development, and evaluation; excellence in teaching, creative activity, research, and scholarship; university and community relations; curricular and fiscal management; enrollment and marketing planning, student recruitment and retention; program review; and accreditation. The Dean is also responsible for keeping the appropriate records for program assessment and for ensuring that the college follows relevant accreditation standards.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes responsibility for leading the College with vision, creativity and excellence.
- Provides collaborative and collegial leadership for the College.
- Designs and implements the academic plan as it relates to the College of Information Technology.
- Supervises the management, development, and evaluation of curriculum for the College.
- With the help of the department chairs, recruits, supervises, and evaluates full-time and adjunct department faculty and support staff.
- Promotes and fosters professional development activities related to academic leadership, classroom instruction, instructional technology, and support staff development.
- Develops and implements departmental budget and planning documents.
- Works with department chairs to coordinates student program activities.
- Ensures the vitality, currency, and academic excellence of the College’s programs.
- Collaborates with the Vice Rector for Academic Affairs, other Deans and PMU administrative officers to achieve the objectives of the University.
- Oversees the overall assessment program and for ensuring that relevant accreditation standards are followed and maintained.
- The Dean of the College of Computer Engineering and Sciences reports directly to the Vice Rector for Academic Affairs
Span of Control:
- The Dean of the College of Computer Engineering and Sciences oversees all aspects of the College’s operation and has direct supervisory responsibility for the Chairs and Associate Chairs in the departments of Information Technology, and Computer Science and Engineering.
About the Company
Company Name: Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University
Address: P.O. Box 1664 Al Khobar 31952 Kingdom of Saudi Arabia , Abha, SAUDI ARABIA
As a fast growing institution of higher learning, Prince Mohammad bin Fahd University (PMU) has created history since it was launched. This university, with its highly innovative student-centered approach to impart education, offers chance to students to explore genuine paths to learn and innovate when being groomed for their future roles as hardcore professionals.
PMU concentrates on the needs, interests and abilities of students for sustainable nourishing. The feedback as well as inputs of students are valued by PMU Faculty members who evaluate the knowledge level of each and every student thoroughly. Such steps are to train them by genuine learning system.
This university welcomed latest technology since its inception. It implemented them in the teaching methodology and curriculum development. Some technological advancements are all-time internet connectivity which makes e-library access easier, online courseware (Blackboard), Dyned – labs, online registration.
Company Website: http://www.pmu.edu.sa/About/Contact_Us.aspx