- Part-time (up to 100 working days) assignment - over 12-months
- Working in Tarawa, Kiribati, on a fly-in fly-out basis of up to four missions
- New Zealand Government assistance programme
The New Zealand Government is partnering with the Government of Kiribati to implement the Joint Kiribati Sustainable Fisheries Development and Management Programme (Tobwan Waara). The Fleet Development Adviser will work closely with the Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources Development (MFMRD) staff, other technical advisers and stakeholders to develop and introduce viable, economically and environmentally sustainable ownership, management and operations models for a domestic commercial longline fishing fleets.
If you have extensive experience in developing and managing viable and sustainable fishing fleets, we are looking for you.
- Relevant qualifications and a minimum of 10 years' experience in the fisheries sector - including at least 3 years' experience in a fleet development and management roles.
- Extensive knowledge of developing and managing viable and efficient fisheries fleets appropriate to a small island developing state context.
- Knowledge of the Pacific fisheries institutional and regulatory context.
- High level of verbal and written communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Ability to operate within a complex work environment with the creativity and tenacity to deal with institutional, political and cultural challenges.
This part-time assignment will be delivered over a 12-month period. A part-time extension is possible (over a further 6-months) may be considered if required. This assignment is to start in October 2017 (or as soon as possible), as mutually agreed by MFAT and the adviser.
- Develop options for domestic longline fleet ownership, management and operations models, plans and policies with local stakeholders.
- Detail the Government of Kiribati's preferred model for domestic longline fleet ownership and management - including relevant economic analyses, forecasts, performance indicators and targets.
- Develop operational and maintenance strategies and plans for the longline vessels - including fishing plans for longline fleets on sustainably utilising catch allocations.
- Develop occupational health and safety plans for people working on longline vessels.
- Ensure that fleet models, plans and policies are fit for purpose and comply with both domestic and international obligations
- Support and strengthen the implementation of the wider Tobwan Waara Programme.
- Work as part of a team of longer-term technical advisers directly funded by MFAT, alongside MFMRD staff and other development partners such as The Pacific Community (SPC) and Forum Fisheries Agency (FFA).
Closing date for applications: 5:00pm (NZT) on Wednesday 27 September 2017
Hudson Global Resources has been engaged to manage the process. Please refer all correspondence, queries or requests for more information and a copy of the full Role Description to:
Principal Consultant - Hudson, Wellington, New Zealand
Office: +64 4 917 9200
DDI: +64 4 917 9270
Cell: +64 21 429 154
About the Company
Company Name : Hudson
Address : , Ahuriri, NEW ZEALAND
Company Profile: Across the world and around the corner, Hudson connects, advises, and supports organisations and their employees, all for mutual success. Our specialised recruitment, RPO and Talent Management solutions help to find great people and then turn them into great performers - adding value and increasing productivity at every stage of the employment lifecycle.
Clients large and small rely on us for a complete range of human capital needs: from attracting and selecting one-of-a-kind candidates, to integrating and managing entire recruitment processes, improving employee performance, developing future leaders, and managing redeployment and outplacement programs.
Finding the right approach means we have to know each and every client’s business, understand their issues and determine actionable steps that work in their environment. What’s more, we treat each client, candidate, and contractor with the attention and respect they deserve, as befits our corporate values: integrity, respect, collaboration, empowerment and responsibility.
And with Hudson, you get local expertise backed by global resources and a network of professionals. We’re always at work - recruiting, motivating and developing people in markets from Sydney to Hong Kong, Brussels to New York and every place in between.