At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Are you looking for a multi-faceted job in a stimulating working environment? Do you enjoy the mix of being out in the field offset with time in the office? Contribute your skills and expertise in health and safety to the world's largest particle physics laboratory. CERN, Take part!
As a Health and Safety Technical Engineer you will join:
- The Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Protection Unit (HSE) which supports the Organization in the implementation and enforcement of its safety policy, monitors the implementation and accomplishment of safety objectives aimed at a continuous improvement of safe working and operating conditions as well as environmental protection and grants safety clearance on behalf of the Director-General for special equipment, installations, experiments and projects with major safety implications.
- The Occupational Health and Safety Group (OHS) which offers safety services such as engineering expertise or independent control adapted to the needs of the departments with the aim of enhancing prevention and ensuring that all safety aspects are integrated from the earliest stage of any project and that best safety practices are shared, harmonized and disseminated.
As Health and Safety Technical engineer in the Prevention & Safety Engineering Service Section, you will participate in the “Safety for Works and Services” activity.
- Demonstrated experience in general occupational health and safety and its related disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience in asbestos risk activity.
- Demonstrated experience in Safety for Works and Services in an industrial area.
- Good knowledge of French, Swiss and European regulations and standards concerning Safety for Works and Services.
- Occupational safety and risk management: mainly Works and Services Safety.
- Building diagnostics of pollutants.
- Drafting and writing of official documents.
- Achieving results: delivering prompt and efficient service taking into account customer needs.
- Demonstrating flexibility: adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements.
- Solving problems: producing workable and timely solutions that meet requirements; identifying, defining and assessing problems, taking action to address them.
- Working in teams: sharing and letting others participate in own work/project; encouraging team development building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships.
- Communicating effectively: delivering presentations in a structured and clear way; adjusting style and content to the audience; responding calmly and confidently to questions.
- French: spoken and written, with the ability to draw-up reports, and to make oral presentations.
- English: ability to understand and speak English in professional contexts would be an advantage. Willingness to acquire it rapidly is required.
About the Company
Company Name: CERN
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. They use the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments to study the basic constituents of matter – the fundamental particles. The particles are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives the physicists clues about how the particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature