- BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
- BMI Healthcare’s Mount Alvernia Hospital in Guildford has a vacancy for a Cardiac Physiologist to join their team of staff in the Cardiology department.
- This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
- Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Degree in Clinical physiology or equivalent / ONC / BTEC in physiological measurement and medical physics
- Device qualification.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Able to perform 12 lead ECGs
- Able to perform unsupervised Exercise Tolerance Tests
- Member of the RCCP
Duties of this role include:
- To provide an excellent standard of care according to the standards set by the hospital and unit whilst performing a highly comprehensive range of clinical cardiology investigations including invasive and non-invasive procedures. To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies as a skilled member of the team.
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, colleagues and visitors. Provide support and assistance to the multi-disciplined team within the Imaging & Cardiology unit. Be actively involved in scheduling of procedures, pre admission, and pre and post procedural patient support.
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
About the Company
Company Name: BMI Healthcare
Address: UK, , UNITED KINGDOM
BMI Healthcare Limited (“BMI Healthcare”), one of the UK’s largest private hospital operators, is pleased to confirm the previously announced transfer of ownership of BMI Healthcare to Hospital Topco Limited (“HTL”), the parent company of the landlords to 35 of BMI Healthcare’s hospitals.