- Act as a subject matter expert
- Deliver presentations and technical demonstrations to educate stakeholders.
- To maintain an interest and knowledge of new innovations in Cloud technologies.
- Suggesting new ways forward and coming up with new feature ideas.
- Evaluate new technologies and identify if there is a potential benefit to Barclays. Analyse potential use against existing solutions within Barclays and alternative solutions within the marketplace. Recommend use of a particular component/toolset by assessing technical robustness, comparing with other options and ensuring there is a business benefit in implementing.
- After evaluation and analysis of new technologies, contribute to business proposals. When appropriate, create Business case documents and presentations.
- Presentation and technical demonstration of new technologies to interested parties and key stakeholders as appropriate. This will include presentation to senior management stakeholders and architecture governance bodies within the organisation.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience
Experience with Agile methodologies
Experience with automated testing approaches e.g. BDD, Unit, TDD
Knowledge and understanding of CI/CD processes, concepts and benefits. Understand benefit of fully-automated deployments
Understanding of long term benefits coming from fully automated development and release workflows
Experience using version control with GIT and developing as part of a team utilising pull request methodology
Restful API experience – consuming/writing
Skills that will help you in the role:
Experience with Infrastructure as code
Familiarity with Linux
Experience of working in a regulated industry
Experience with Jenkins
Flask or Django
Angular, React or Vue
Where will you be working?
The role is based in Canary Wharf in London, where you’ll find many shops and restaurants that are easy to access.
The role is based at 5 North Colonnade, which is where the stakeholders are located.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.