Develop and execute internal communications and engagement strategies for Cards & Payments that support business objectives, the CEO and Senior Leadership team, and a high performing and engaged workforce. Be a role model for best in class internal communications, working collaboratively with all in the Corporate Communications team across both the Barclays UK and Barclays International. Support the Director of Employee Communications across a broad spectrum of work (CEO communications, internal communications, campaigns, budgeting, informal line management of team members etc.).
What will you be doing?
- Support the Director of Employee Communications to create, develop and deliver a strategic CEO and broader colleague communications and engagement plan, which is measurable, comprising – but not limited to: broadcast content/ blogs; financial results; senior leadership change communications; Senior Leadership Events; roadshows/town halls; and, site visits.
- Develop, deploy and maintain a strategic global Cards & Payments internal narrative, telling an engaging and clear story about the C&P business which takes into account our position within Barclays and can be tailored to a broader Barclays audience.
- Be a trusted communications advisor to Senior Leadership Team members.
- Develop and demonstrate deep understanding of the business’s strategic goals, performance and audiences, and translate that knowledge into clear and compelling communications advice and activities.
- Work effectively with creative agencies to bring CEO communications to life and create colleague pride in the business, for example: speeches, video and infographics.
Drive strategic global communications for Innovation, Citizenship and Cards & Payments Business Manager
- Drive global internal innovation communications across Cards & Payments, creating, developing and delivering a strategic innovation plan, including – but not limited to: colleague engagement; integrated campaigns; stories pipeline; Innovation Agents; Innovation Days events.
- Drive global Citizenship communications across Cards & Payments, creating, developing and delivering a strategic Citizenship Communications plan in partnership with the Citizenship Lead to drive our citizenship objectives. Ensure measurable impact, i.e. colleague awareness and volunteering rates.
- Business Partner to Cards & Payments Business Management / Chief Administrative Office including a raft of internal communications such as blogs; events; town halls; and, senior leadership change communications.
Manage Cards & Payments communications budget and provide informal line management, coaching and team engagement support to Director of Employee Communications
- Effectively manage the Cards & Payments communications budget and escalate issues as required.
- Work effectively as a senior member of the Cards & Payments Communications team and collaborate more broadly across the Barclays Corporate Communications team and Barclays International Communications teams to support great outcomes and ensure best in class ways of working.
- Ensure effective governance and control; understand the appropriate Policies & Standards applicable to the role through reading the Code of Conduct and other training allocated to the role
- Be an effective role model for other team members and take on informal line management responsibilities to support the smooth running of the team