- Located in the historical and picturesque city of Hangzhou, Zhejiang University is a prestigious institution of higher education with a long history. Qiushi Academy, the predecessor of Zhejiang University, was founded in 1897 and was one of the earliest modern academies of higher learning established in China.
- Zhejiang University focuses on assiduous study and research, and science and technological innovation. It has launched a number of international high-end academic platforms and gathered masters, scholars and high-level research teams in various disciplines. In recent years, Zhejiang University maintains a leading position in China in output indicators including publications, patents and etc., and has made abundant important achievements in science, technology, humanities and social sciences. Zhejiang University always takes initiative in catering for national and regional needs, and exerts itself to become an influential high-level source of innovation and a pool of talents.
- College of Economics
- The College of Economics specialises in research fields and specialisations for the following areas: Finance, New Institutional Economics, Industrial Economics, International Economics (International Trade or International Investment), Public Finance, Public Economics. (see college website here)
- Zhejiang University “Hundred Talents Program”
- The newly launched “One-hundred Talents Program” is aimed at attracting outstanding scholars both at home and abroad. To those recruited via this program, the university is to adopt an international academic standard and procedure --- the tenure track system.
- The university plans to recruit roughly 100 distinguished scholars from both China and abroad by the “One-hundred Talents Program”. Ample funds are available for this program to ensure that scholars have a favorable academic environment and optimum working and living conditions so that they can be dedicated to academic research and the advancement of their fields (read more of ZJU's other recruitment programs).
Additonal Academic Requirements
- Type A: The applicant should hold associate professorship or assistant professorship in a prominent international university, and have a certain influence in national and international academia with active thoughts. He/She should have the ability to make certain influential achievements in some fields.
- Type B: The applicant should be the outstanding scholar with excellent academic training. Principally, he/she should hold a doctoral degree or accomplish postdoctoral research of a renowned university or renowned discipline. He/She should have certain innovative research achievements with active thoughts as well as a great developing potential.
- The applicant is expected to be a proactive learner and work full-time at ZJU
No experience is required.
Additonal Experience Requirements
- He/She who holds this position should engage in high-quality teaching.
- Zhejiang University "Hundred Talents Program"(Humanities and Social Science) includes "Type A" and "Type B".
Type A: The applicant should be engaged in a high-level research, participate in the planning, developing and implementation of academic discipline(s), facilitate international academic communication and research cooperation, promote international reputation, gradually form a leading and competitive role in the academic discipline.
Type B: The applicant should be engaged in a high-level research and establish a research orientation, facilitate international academic communication and research cooperation and become an active and influential scholar in the field.
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Teaching & Academics
- Experience should include the following skills: Education/Training
- ZJU will provide decent compensation.
- ZJU will provide the position of ZJU100 Professor, qualified to supervise doctoral students. Type A talents can apply for tenured professor or tenured associate-professor directly.
- Those qualified may apply for purchasing one of the apartments reserved for talents.
- After the application approved, a research start-up fund will be provided according to the difference of disciplines.
Company Profile: Qiushi Academy, the predecessor of Zhejiang University, was founded in 1897 and was one of the earliest modern academies of higher learning established in China. After a hundred years of construction and development, Zhejiang University is a comprehensive research university with distinctive features and a national as well as international impact. Research at Zhejiang University spans 12 academic disciplines, covering philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, art, science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, management and etc. With 7 faculties and 36 colleges/schools, Zhejiang University has 14 primary and 21 secondary national leading academic disciplines. In all 22 disciplines of ESI, there are 18 disciplines leading to top 1% in the world. Zhejiang University has always been committed to cultivating talent with excellence, advancing science and technology development, serving for social well-being, and promoting advanced culture with the spirit best manifested by the university motto “Seeking the Truth and Pioneering New Trails”.