- The Home Recruitment and Conversion Team is responsible for the coordination, planning and delivery of key recruitment and widening participation outreach initiatives at the University to support the attraction and recruitment of the best students regardless of background, at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. These activities include the Open Days, Offer Holder Visit Days, attendance at school and college and recruitment events across the country as well as widening participation outreach as set out in the University’s Access Agreement and virtual events.
- Student workers form a crucial part of the recruitment and conversion team, the successful applicant will work closely with project leads across the team co-ordinating and supporting the recruitment, training and development of our student worker cohorts throughout the year. The post holder will be expected to devise and develop a clear annual plan for recruitment, selection and training to meet project deadlines, as well as developing and maintaining excellent central records, including hours worked for payroll and visa compliance, DBS records and training attended. The post holder will also be expected to develop a strong relationship with colleagues within the Temporary Staffing Service, as well as robust knowledge of their procedures and guidelines.
- Line managed by the events manager, the post holder will be expected to work with a good degree of autonomy on a day-to-day basis. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills, as well as the ability to communicate appropriately and to work with sensitivity and discretion. Experience of either recruitment and selection or delivering staff training is also essential. A satisfactory DBS check will be required prior to commencing the role.
- It is expected that limited evening and weekend work will be required to support major events, including open days and student training sessions.
- It is anticipated that interviews will take place on Wednesday 8 May.
Additonal Academic Requirements
No experience is required.
Additonal Experience Requirements
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Management/Consultant/Advisor
- Experience should include the following skills: Education/Training
Company Profile: Bristol is one of the most popular and successful universities in the UK and was ranked within the top 50 universities in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2018.