- We are looking to recruit an exceptional individual to take-up the role of Industrial Doctorate Centre (IDC) Manager for a fixed term maternity cover post until 30 June 2020. The EngD in Composites Manufacture is a four-year postgraduate research programme, delivered collaboratively by the University of Bristol (lead University), Cranfield University, the University of Manchester and the University of Nottingham. The IDC Manager role is based within the School of Civil, Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering (CAME) in the Faculty of Engineering.
- Working with the Programme Director and other academics and with the support of a full-time Postgraduate Administrator the role holder will take full responsibility for the day-to-day running of the IDC including strategic and operational planning; liaison with external partners and the funding body; event management; scheduling student training programmes; administering student records from recruitment right the way through to graduation.
- You will have significant relevant experience, for example within Higher Education administration or research, excellent organisational and project management skills, the ability to plan and prioritise workloads and to meet multiple fixed deadlines. You will possess excellent numeracy, IT and written skills, and be able to maintain website content. Additionally you should be able to manage a constant and varied portfolio of requests, provide pastoral support to postgraduate students, and be able to work independently and with self-motivation, making key decisions when necessary.
- The position offers an exceptional career opportunity for the right person to develop their experience and skills as a key component of a team delivering world-class doctoral training. We would consider flexible working opportunities for this role.
- It is anticipated that shortlisting will take during the week commencing Monday 29th April 2019 with interviews during the week commencing Monday 6th May 2019.
Additonal Academic Requirements
No experience is required.
Additonal Experience Requirements
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Teaching & Academics
- Experience should include the following skills: Education/Training
Company Profile: Bristol is one of the most popular and successful universities in the UK and was ranked within the top 50 universities in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2018.