- Project Summary:
- OBIRODH will provide support to activities aimed at fostering an inclusive and tolerant Bangladesh. This project will be based in Dhaka. This position is open to local nationals.
- Position Summary:
This position conducts all procurement related to the activities, ensures compliance with USAID and MSI policies on procedures, sources and monitoring of vendors contractual compliance, and coordinates procurement actions as outlined in MSI’s Procurement Field Guide. S/he assists with budget development for new activities and coordinates with the field teams on delivery of procured goods and services. S/he works closely with the finance team to ensure timely payments.
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in procurement, logistics, grants, administration or finance.
- Experience working in such roles with USAID projects.
- Task-oriented and able to work independently and within a team to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of USAID procurement systems, inventory management and/or grant management desirable.
- Must be able to use the Microsoft office suite and have familiarity with the use of databases for tracking inventory, actions and reporting.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Associate or college degree in accounting, business administration or related field
- Coordinate with field teams and grants specialists on item specification and activity budgets.
- Perform market research and price analysis to find item specifications and appropriate vendors.
- Initiate activity procurements as outlined in field procurement guide, taking the activity cycle flowchart and the implementation plan into account.
- Coordinate the implementation of contracts/procurement procedures; participating in bids and technical and cost evaluations; and performing due diligence for awarded procurements.
- Travel to and help support the project sites as needed to monitor delivery of procured goods to grantees and inspect quality of these goods.
- Monitor subcontracts and purchase orders issued to vendors and follow up as necessary to ensure compliance to terms and conditions.
- Contact all contractors and vendors on invoice or deliverable due dates to confirm submission of contractually-mandated payment documents.
- Work with the grants specialist and operation manager to coordinate the acquisition process in relation to what is outlined in MSI’s Grants Manual and the Field Procurement Guide.
- Communicate with the finance and administration manager in the event of changes in deliverable or payment deadlines.
- Maintain in the electronic procurement filing system and updated.
- Ensure the closeout of each purchase order and subcontract once completed, according to established policies and procedures.
- Work as part of an activity implementation team along with the grant specialist and program development officer with primary responsibility for acquiring goods and services necessary for the activities.
- Actively contribute to information sharing within the project.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the immediate supervisor.
About the Company
Company Name: Management Systems International (MSI)
Management Systems International (MSI)
Company Website: www.msiworldwide.com