Our business, our culture
QBE Insurance Group is one of the world's top 20 general insurance and reinsurance companies, with operations in all the key insurance markets. QBE is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and is headquartered in Sydney.
Working at QBE, we recognise the value of diversity and inclusion in the workplace and support a range of flexible work arrangements to promote a better family/life/work balance.
We offer you a dynamic workplace culture, one that values and leverages the unique ideas, capabilities and experiences you bring irrespective of where you are in the world. We believe this strengthens our ability to deliver on our business goals, particularly as it relates to innovation, growth and our focus on customers.
We are looking for a full-time, permanent Midrange Administrator to join our talented team based in Sydney Olympic Park. The purpose of this position is to support all mid-range environments (AIX & Linux) including the operating system and its various subsystems and components. In this role you will:
- Perform all AIX / Linux Administration Functions;
- Provide day-to-day support for all AIX and Linux systems and components, ensuring timely resolution of problems;
- Provide appropriate customisation at operating system level to optimise the performance of the AIX and Linux environment;
- Maintain hardware configuration;
- Conduct daily Maintenance duties; including housekeeping, backups, administration etc.;
- Conduct feasibility studies for software migration and identify pros and cons of potential migration;
- Assist with developing and testing Disaster Recovery procedures;
- Complete other technical tasks as requested by Management;
- Utilize administrative subsystems like cron to schedule system and application tasks;
- Perform system problem determination procedures including running diagnostics, analysing error logs and carrying out dumps on the system;
- Identify and eliminate various software & hardware performance constraints using AIX / Linux tools and standard UNIX tools;
- Automate client and administrative operations;
- Advanced Shell scripting.
Successful candidates will have strong skills in Analysis and planning, effective reporting and communication of technical information. You will also be required to provide out-of-hours support (on-call on a rostered basis) & have a willingness to learn new technologies.
At QBE, you will be provided with a competitive remuneration structure and benefits, in an environment that offers support, and encourages career development and learning.
We offer a range of benefits and discounts including:
Company Website: https://www.qbe.com.au/business/contacts-alerts/contact-us
Recruiters around the world have specific keywords in their minds for each position they are t...
Having a searchable resume is the best way for employers to find you.
Thousands of emp...
An effective resume can greatly improve your chances of getting the right job. NRBjobs offers ...