- The CUHK Business School, a leading, international, pioneering business school, was the first in the region to offer BBA, MBA and Executive MBA programmes. Since its establishment in Hong Kong in 1963, the School has gained world recognition of nurturing business leaders with immense contributions in Asia Pacific, and ranks 36th in the Financial Times Global MBA Ranking 2017.
- The CUHK Business School offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes (with about 4,400 students) as well as executive education. It comprises two Schools - Accountancy and Hotel & Tourism Management; and four Departments - Finance, Decision Sciences & Managerial Economics, Management and Marketing.
- The Department of Finance has developed a strong reputation in teaching and research, and is widely recognized as one of Asia’s leading finance research centres. It is placed under the Business School, which has also received international acclaim in terms of rankings. The Department of Finance is ranked extremely well in the widely cited global rankings. The Department is ranked within top 50 in the Arizona State University (ASU) World Finance Department Research Ranking, as well as the University of Texas (UT) Dallas World Business School Research Ranking. These rankings are based on the number of articles published in the three leading finance journals from 2011 to 2014: Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics and Review of Financial Studies. On both lists, the Department of Finance achieved top rankings in Hong Kong and in Asia.
- For more detailed information about the Department and the faculty research, please visit our websites at
- http://www.baf.cuhk.edu.hk/fin and http://www.baf.cuhk.edu.hk/program/mphil-phd_finance/page/top_publication.html respectively.
- The Department of Finance now invites applications for the position of Professor(s)/ Associate Professor(s)/ Assistant Professor(s). Applications from qualified scholars in all specialty areas of finance will be considered. Individuals with expertise in investments and asset pricing, corporate finance, and insurance/actuarial science are especially encouraged to apply.
- Applicants should be promising or established scholars with a doctoral degree (or with one close to completion). They should also demonstrate a specialty in mainstream finance or in a related field mentioned above. The appointee(s) will be required to teach postgraduate and undergraduate finance courses and will be expected to publish in top-tier finance journals.
- Appointments will normally be made on contract basis for up to three years initially commencing August 2018, which, subject to performance and mutual agreement, may lead to longer-term appointment or substantiation later.
Applicants should complete the on-line application form at
and upload a full resume, copies of academic credentials, a publication list and/or abstracts of selected published papers, together with three letters of recommendation on or before December 1, 2017. You may also send your letters of recommendation to the Department of Finance either by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by fax (852) 2603-6586.
Interview : The Department of Finance will interview shortlisted candidates at the AFA Conference in January 2018.
About the Company
Company Name : The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Address : , Ahitubiek, CHINA
Company Profile: Welcome to the website of The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Founded in 1963, we are a university that is as firmly rooted in Chinese culture as it is positioned in modern civilized society. After half a century of growth and development, we have become a comprehensive research university, a regional leader with a global reputation.