DESCRIPTION: The Coordinator of Women’s HIV Prevention Services is responsible for the day to day activities of HIV Prevention services within the women’s programs. This includes: HIV testing and outreach, linkage to care, linkage to primary health and mental health, coordination with off-site women’s health services, supervision of program staff. Coordinator is also responsible for collecting, tracking program data, and completing reports to Director of Programs and funder. Coordinator will also attend community meetings, build upon resources, present at conferences.
SALARY: $45,000 to $48,000
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Work Closely with Director of Programs planning & implementing services
• Develop and coordinate, health literacy workshop series
• Supervise HIV prevention women’s services program staff
• Work collaboratively with domestic violence case managers
• Conduct quality assurance reviews for HIV prevention program
• Attend and represent Voces Latinas in community meetings to bring resources to the program.
• Build upon, review and solidify partnerships developing MOU’s and strategic alliances
• Assist program staff in assessing client needs including safety needs and safety planning
• Assist program staff in coordinating services for clients – referrals, follow up, client accompaniment.
• Assess program staff training needs
• Organize forums and annual events and campaigns (NLAAD, DV Awareness, LHTM, etc.)
• Conduct client intakes and referrals when necessary
• Conduct follow up services with clients when necessary
• Provide presentations in conferences, meetings and community
• Keep up with latest HIV and VAW information (health/immigration policy, scientific research)
• Complete and submit monthly report to supervisor and funding source
• Collect data, track data, report data and develop data reports to funders and supervisors
• Provide HIV testing
• Other duties as required
• Master degree or a B.A. in social services related area with 3 years of experience in DV and/or HIV counseling and demonstrated experience in organizing events, forums, managing and supervising staff .
• Sensitivity to and expertise with needs and circumstances of women experiencing violence, including domestic violence and sexual assault.
• Experience with individuals living with or at risk for HIV/AIDS or other life threatening illnesses; including issues related to diversity, mental illness, and marginalized populations
• Supervisory experience
• Program planning and evaluation
• Experience working with and facilitating group discussions (groups dynamics)
• Interest in and familiarity with the Latino community
• Commitment to serve as a personal value
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Well organized and attentive to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to interact with individuals in a diverse environment
• Cultural sensitivity and awareness
• Receptive to constructive feedback
• Computer skills (Word, Publisher, Excel, ACCESS)
• Willing to learn and be flexible
• Ability to read, write and speak English and Spanish fluently Salary is commensurate with experience
Company Name: Voces Latinas Corporation
Address: Jackson Heights, NY, ,
Company Profile: The Promotoras program is an annual leadership program that trains immigrant Latinas to become HIV prevention educators and advocates.
Recruiters around the world have specific keywords in their minds for each position they are t...
Having a searchable resume is the best way for employers to find you.
Thousands of emp...
An effective resume can greatly improve your chances of getting the right job. NRBjobs offers ...