- Support and assist inception and stakeholders’ workshops and lead community mobilization and implementation plan and strategy of the project;
- In collaboration with the Capacity Building and Training Expert (CBTE) assess and complete the training needs (TNA) of the DoF, other fisheries related Gov. agencies, private agencies and community people; also identify areas, subjects and Govt., private personnel & community for awareness and capacity building trainings and livelihood options as per the approved AWPB;
- Assist/coordinate with National Fisheries Policy and Strategy Analyst and the National Capacity Building and Training Expert (NCBTE) in finalizing the community/ occupational/ common interest groups and HR development strategy of the DoF, BFRI and the communities involved;
- Review and assess the relevance of past and on-going projects in fishery sector, existing local disaster preparedness and adaptation practices for developing livelihood options, disaster preparedness and climate change adaptations in fisheries and aquaculture sector;
- Play a key role in facilitating all community training programmes and serve as resource person in the training courses/ FGDs/ FFSs, also support to identify best resource persons for the training programmes;
- Provide technical advice and backstopping on the process and contents of pilot testing of CC risks and livelihood adaptation options at the local level;
- Assist and support CBTE in organizing, facilitating and conducting training programmes, climate risks analysis and livelihood; in compiling and preparing quarterly reports, as well as technical articles on fisheries, agriculture, poultry, disaster management, alternate income generations & livelihoods, primary health & family care, etc. to fit in the Training Manuals;
- Assist and develop demonstration strategy or methodologies for uptake of identified livelihood adaptation practices for implementing adaptation practices in fishery sector and into farmer friendly extension tools and messages for dissemination;
- Assist and support CBTE in developing training modules & training materials, preparing flyers/ booklets/ posters based on lessons learned from implementation & livelihood adaptation assessment in fisheries sector;
- Prepare and submit an End of Assignment Report (EoA).
- Carry out other activities as instructed by the PMU/or the FAOR.
- Masters(Master of Science (M.Sc)) completed.
Additonal Academic Requirements
- M. Sc. in Fisheries, preferably a Ph.D. or equivalent;
Minimum 15 years of experience is required.
Additonal Experience Requirements
- 15 (fifteen) years of experience in community mobilization and capacity building/ trainings of fisheries personnel and community people;
- Following skills are required from the applicant: NGO
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): NGO/Development
- Experience should include the following skills: NGO/Development
Apply as Guest
About the Company
Company Name: Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)