- Support PMTSU, supervise and coordinate project activities to ensure its results are in accordance with the Project Document (ProDoc) and the rules and procedures are established;
- Coordinate day-to-day project administrative management, assume budget holder’s responsibilities, budgeting, planning, general monitoring and ensure adequate information flow, discussions and feedback among the various stakeholders;
- Support PMTSU in ensuring adherence to the project’s work plan, prepare revisions of the work plan, if required;
- Support and assist in inception/ stakeholders’ workshops and contribute to the preparation of IW report and project implementation plan; support and ensure effective and timely allocation of funds and resources as per the ProDoc;
- Provide overall technical and management supervision of the PMTSU in close consultation with the NOO and the NPC;
- Ensure proper handling of logistics related to workshops and events; prepare GEF quarterly progress reports, ToR for national and international consultants and sub-contractors;
- Ensure timely submission of regular project progress and implementation reports (technical, financial and administrative) required by FAO, GEF and GoB and prepare Final Report according to FAO standards and procedures, including project follow-up reports;
- Ensure smooth communications, information sharing and networking with the PMTSU (FAO), PIU (DoF), field offices, GEF, and resource persons involved in the project implementation;
- Develop and ensure timely implementation of the detailed work plan and budget using a log frame analysis, including targets to be met, resources to be allocated based on objectives, results and activities as per the ProDoc, and ensure effective technical and financial delivery;
- Along with the Finance and Accounts Support Officer monitor the expenditure, commitments and balance of funds under the project budget lines, and draft project budget revisions; assume overall responsibility for meeting financial delivery targets set out in the agreed AWP, reporting on project funds and related record keeping;
- Assume overall responsibility for reporting on project progress vis-à-vis indicators in the log frame;
- Perform a secretarial role for PSC/ PIC meetings, PMTSU meetings, PIU meetings, support national steering committee meetings as required and organize technical workshops/ consultation meetings/ conferences, local and overseas training programmes, etc. including identification/ mobilization of resource persons;
- Provide technical support to project Consultants in coordinating and conducting different project activities (trainings, workshops, stakeholder consultations, arrangements of study tour, etc.);
- Keep regular contact with project experts/ Consultants to inform them about the project technical details and changes and also review the reports and other documents for technical content;
- Carry out other activities as instructed by the PMU/ or the FAOR.
- Masters(Master of Business Administration (MBA)) completed.
Additonal Academic Requirements
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/ Accounting/ Commerce or Fisheries/ natural resources management/ Environmental Science from a recognized university.
Minimum 3 years of experience is required.
Additonal Experience Requirements
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Proven experience with development partner funded integrated and multi-subject project/ programme implementation and management is essential; must be able to fluidly handle on a daily basis the political, technical and HRD and management challenges that may arise during project implementation;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, reporting and presentation skills is essential;
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines; coordinate and monitor effectively while organizing occasional project events.
- Must have experience of organizing, facilitating and management of workshops/ conferences/ consultation meetings/ training programmes;
- Adaptable to multicultural and multidisciplinary team of experts and willing to undertake intensive field works in the coastal/ wetland areas of Bangladesh as when needed.
- Following skills are required from the applicant: NGO
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): NGO/Development
- Experience should include the following skills: NGO/Development
Application Deadline: 19 Jul 2019
About the Company
Company Name: Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)