Great people come from all walks of life and at Transport for NSW we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. Transport for NSW are set to deliver some of the most exciting projects and challenges ever to be faced in NSW that rival global projects for their impact on community. We’re spending over $20bn on making improvements and developing major plans and projects to deliver a world class transport system for NSW through our rebuilding NSW plan.
- An exciting time to join the Infrastructure and Services Division of Transport for NSW where you can be part of the significant government investment into NSW infrastructure
- Permanent full-time position, located in Mascot with links to public transport and shops, in our new Activity-Based Work environment offering flexible working opportunities
- Join an organisation that cares as much as about your career as you do and offers excellent professional development opportunities
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated Systems Engineer to join the Rail Systems Development Team within Transport for NSW. The primary purpose of the role is to support the implementation of Systems Engineering methodologies across Infrastructure and Services (I&S) to achieve capability, performance and customer requirements. This position will be supporting the Systems Engineering Team in major projects with potential opportunities to lead on smaller scale projects. This position plays a key role in supporting transformational change, whilst collaborating with and influencing a team of highly skilled systems engineers, therefore transferring experience and best practice from project to project.
Reporting directly to the Systems Engineering Manager, you will contribute to the team’s success by:
- Undertaking Systems Engineering activities throughout the asset lifecycle, including elicitation and management of requirements.
- Monitoring the System Engineering processes being applied by the delivery Authorised Engineering Organisations.
- Identifying risks associated with System Engineering processes relating to the project and develop appropriate mitigation measures to minimise these risks.
- Acting as an internal consultant in relation to the systems engineering processes and develop effective working relationships with internal and external project stakeholders to facilitate engagement and contribution to RSD projects.
- Following processes and procedures to provide assurance with System Requirements and related Safety Responsibilities.
We are looking a dynamic professional with strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain collaborate working relationships.
- Develop a sound understanding of the breadth and complexities of the project activities across the I&S spectrum.
- Work cooperatively and proactively with organisations interacting with the project.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong Systems Engineering background, particularly in Requirements Management and Verification and Validation activities. This role will require a professional focussed on achieving customer needs and organisational objectives. The opportunity is ideal for an individual who is motivated to engage with the wider TfNSW community and influence improvement and innovation. This role is suited to a professional seeking to further develop their Systems Engineering skills and offers strong professional development opportunities within a diverse and supportive team
- Work Life balance
- Location based and work from home
- Work anytime between 7am and 7pm
- Minimum 35 hour work week
- Option to purchase fitness passport for over 250 gyms and pools
- Development Opportunities
- Study Assistance
- Leadership development programs
- Careers focus program
If you are looking for an environment in which you can contribute to creating a legacy of achievement that will last for generations, and enjoy a flexible and diverse working environment which values collaboration and personal development, then we’d like to meet you.
- Potential to earn 13 normal flexi-leave days per year
- Potential to earn 5 Christmas flexi-leave days per year
- 4 weeks annual leave with 17.5% annual leave loading
- Guaranteed 2.5% pay increase every year
- Special Leave cover
- Public sector job security
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and brief covering letter (no longer than two pages) which addresses:
a) the reason for your interest, and
b) an example of how you contributed to the successful delivery of a technically complex project.
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please click here
or for more information on Transport for NSW
please click on link provided. Should you have enquiries about the role, please contact Megan Cosgrove on 02 8265 8072 and quote 00005K86
If you encounter technical issues please contact I Work for NSW Support Team on 1800 562 679 (Mon-Fri) or email@example.com
Applications close: 11:59pm, Sunday 22nd October 2017.
About the Company
Company Name : Transport for NSW
Address : , Abbot Point, AUSTRALIA
Company Profile: Our organisation
Transport for NSW divisions and key business areas, Project Delivery Offices, and Transport Operating Agencies.
The Corporate Plan describes our vision for 2021 and identifies the priority areas we are focusing on to turn this vision into reality.