Great people come from all walks of life and at Transport for NSW we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. Transport for NSW are set to deliver some of the most exciting projects and challenges ever to be faced in NSW that rival global projects for their impact on community. We’re spending over $20bn on making improvements and developing major plans and projects to deliver a world class transport system for NSW through our rebuilding NSW plan.
- An exciting time to join the Infrastructure and Services Division of Transport for NSW where you can be part of the significant government investment into NSW infrastructure
- Fixed term full-time position until 31/08/2021, located in Eveleigh next to Redfern station, parks and public transport links
- A responsive organization that encourages feedback and builds effective partnerships
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
• Current motor vehicle driver’s licence.
• Willingness to travel within and outside of the Sydney Metropolitan area.
• Ability work outside normal working hours on occasions and be part of a call out roster to provide 24 x 7 support to System Operations.
Please note: The successful candidate may need to undertake background checks and criminal record checks.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Networks Officer to be a part of our Field Infrastructrue Team in System Operations within Infrastructure & Services. This role is responsible for devising and implementing preventative maintenance and monitoring strategies and, through effective diagnosis, resolve problems to optimise the reliability and availability of the Operational Systems network platforms (Transport Management Centre (TMC) external network) in order to meet TfNSW’s service requirements.
Reporting to the a Field Infrastructure Team Lead, your key accountabilities are to:
We are looking for a networking professional who has strong interpersonal skills along with a proven ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with other support teams. The successful candidate will have a proactive approach along with expeirence in Multiprotocol Label Switching(MPLS), VLANs, mutlicast networks, fibre optic cabling, network monitoring and trouble shooting.
- Ensure the TMC external network operates effectively
- Design, implement, manage and monitor performance of the TMC external network
- Manage the refresh, upgrade and expansion of the TMC external network
- Develop and maintain as built record and documentation
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop strategies to maximise user satisfaction, promoting a culture of quality customer service
For Award: TfNSW Grade 8: $109,589 - $122,739+ employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading
- Work Life balance
- Location based and work from home
- Work anytime between 7am and 7pm
- Minimum 35 hour work week
- Option to purchase fitness passport for over 250 gyms and pools
- Development Opportunities
- Study Assistance
- Leadership development programs
- Careers focus program
If you are looking for an environment in which you can contribute to creating a legacy of achievement that will last for generations, and enjoy a flexible and diverse working environment which values collaboration and personal development, then we’d like to meet you.
- Potential to earn 13 normal flexi-leave days per year
- Potential to earn 5 Christmas flexi-leave days per year
- 4 weeks annual leave with 17.5% annual leave loading
- Guaranteed 2.5% pay increase every year
- Special Leave cover
- Public sector job security
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and brief covering letter (no longer than two pages) which addresses:
a) how your skills and experience suit the role, and
b) your experience in mission critical environments and the challenges met while operating in these.
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please click here
or for more information on Transport for NSW
please click on link provided. Should you have enquiries about the role, please contact Megan Cosgrove on 02 8265 8072 and quote 00005M29
If you encounter technical issues please contact I Work for NSW Support Team on 1800 562 679 (Mon-Fri) or email@example.com
Applications close: 11:59pm, Sunday 22nd of October, 2017.
About the Company
Company Name: Transport for NSW
Transport for NSW divisions and key business areas, Project Delivery Offices, and Transport Operating Agencies.
The Corporate Plan describes our vision for 2021 and identifies the priority areas we are focusing on to turn this vision into reality.