Is the list of duties really the most important thing about a job spec? (although we will get to that). You're a Civil Engineer so surely you know the job and know what to expect. The environment in which you work and the people you work with will have a huge impact on whether you stick around or not. These are a well respected, friendly and supportive firm of Engineering consultants based in Didcot, Oxfordshire who encourage you to grow with them. This has resulted in a very low turnover of staff and I've learned from experience that everybody who goes to see these guys for an interview usually leave their office wanting the job! They offer a competitive salary; up to 5% on your pension, payments towards a professional membership, regular social events such as go-karting, theatre trips, golf, bowling, curry nights etc., free parking, and even fruit on a weekly basis. Now, let's be fair, these aren't necessarily all reasons you gained your degree, but they're certainly useful perks.
This company genuinely do offer a positive, relaxed yet thoroughly professional working environment, which effectively results in good morale, a positive career and that all important work-life balance. They also offer a strong commitment to training ranging from 'on the job training' in new software and design techniques to training programmes for Chartered status and external short courses.
You need to review your existing career status and ask is it really exciting you to the extent you wish it would. If not, then this is an opportunity worth exploring.
The Usual Stuff (Duties):
- This team undertakes the following tasks
- Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application planning advice
- Design of roads, drainage, retaining walls, bridges and earthworks
- Production of pre-planning reports, including Flood Risk Assessments, Foul Drainage & Utility Assessments and Phase 1 Geo-Environmental Appraisals
- The team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for our clients. This ethos has resulted in an expanding workload and the requirement for another capable and experienced engineer. A suitable candidate will enjoy their work and the challenges provided by our clients.
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor Degree in any Discipline) completed.
Additonal Academic Requirements
No experience is required.
Additonal Experience Requirements
- Minimum qualification - degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 4 years' post-qualification experience in civil engineering design
- Experience in the use of industry-standard design software packages, such as Micro Drainage
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD for drafting design solutions
- Experience dealing with clients and other members of the professional team
- Experience dealing with adoption agreements for roads and drainage
- An ability to speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly at meetings and on the telephone
- An ability to write clear and concise e-mails, letters and reports
- Good commercial awareness
- An ability to work well with others as part of a team
A Senior Civil Engineer will ordinarily undertake the following tasks:
- Take a global view of infrastructure issues for new development and advise clients accordingly
- Prepare outline and detailed designs of road and drainage infrastructure, junction alterations and new services
- Produce technical and pre-planning reports on flood risk, drainage, utilities and geo-environmental issues, and / or check reports produced by others
- Liaise with clients, project teams and local authorities
- Enhance and promote the image of the company with your actions
Their breadth of skills and experienced staff creates an excellent environment for new employees to undertake varied and rewarding tasks and expand their knowledge and skills.
- Following skills are required from the applicant: Buying House
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Engineer/Architect
- Experience should include the following skills: Consultancy Firm
Application Deadline: 30 Aug 2019
Akton Recruitment Ltd First Floor, Garden Place, Victoria Street, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 1ET, , Indonesia
A truly focused recruitment business based in Altrincham (South of Manchester), Akton is a 100% private, owner managed recruitment agency. Our aim is to become leaders in our field by working with the very best talent and ensuring both client and candidate expectations are met and exceeded, every time.
We source people at every level from graduate right through to executives. Outstanding service, genuine dedication and recruitment solutions that are second to none – you’ll experience all of this and more when you work with AKTON.
Company Website: http://www.aktonrecruitment.com/