- Job Location : Sydney, Australia
This is an exciting opportunity for a Product Owner or Business Analyst with a background in Product Control to join Macquarie’s Financial Management Group in the Projects and Change team supporting the Commodities and Global Markets business.
The successful candidate will contribute to the delivery of a project that will enhance Commodities and Global Markets financial reporting and take accountability of the day-to-day prioritisation and expertise activities from inception through to delivery. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in Product Control, and be confident working across business, finance and technology teams.
- Engage with project managers, Business Analysts, technology team-members and business subject matter experts to gather requirements.
- Manage the team product backlogs, taking ownership of user story creation and prioritisation – through to technical design.
- Facilitate and drive workshops to gather, feedback and review business requirements
- Documenting and owning business and functional requirements, working with Business Analysts to decompose initiatives into epics and user-stories
- Manage the day-to-day relationships and requirements with development teams, business stakeholders and senior leaders - balancing functional and user experience considerations
- Provide business acceptance criteria, working with Business Analyst’s to ensure functional and non-functional test coverage
- Ensure end-to-end process integrity is maintained across multiple systems and business units
- Be accountable for leading change and engagement with the business and Product Control as a result of functional releases on platform.
- Document and own target business process and business readiness activities.
- Support the business through execution of business acceptance/user acceptance test cases
- Manage, review and analyse testing issues and identify options and recommendations
- Identify & actively monitor, manage & resolve risks, issues & dependencies
- Internal and external stakeholder management
We are looking for a confident communicator who has had experience in Product Control with exposure to projects.
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor Degree in any Discipline) completed.
No experience is required.
- Proven experience as a business analyst or junior project manager working on business change projects and/or new platform implementations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, sound negotiating and strong influencing skills
- Exceptional presentation, communication and facilitation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities and effectively manage expectations
- Ability to thrive in an environment of constant change
- Experience within financial institutions, ideally having worked on finance or capital markets.
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments and work independently
- Demonstrated stakeholder engagement and management skills
- A flexible, proactive, solution-oriented approach
- Enthusiastic, energetic with excellent interpersonal skills
- ’Can do’ attitude, with a proven record of delivering project outcomes
- Flexible skill set and confident approach to tackling issues
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Marketing/Sales
- Experience should include the following skills: Manufacturing (Heavy Industry)
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate communications and investor relations.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Application Deadline: 29 Sep 2019