"Trusting in brave ideas" this is our promise to everyone who works for us. As a family business, we make long-term decision and provide our people with the trust and stability needed to bring their ideas to fruition, even the unconventional ones. Being a market and technology leader in machine tools and lasers, we courageously shape the manufacturing of tomorrow, meeting every challenge with bold, fresh thinking.
This position is responsible for, resolving technical and operational problems for customers and Field Service Engineers remotely by utilizing proper diagnostic resources. Work closely with other Product Support Engineers, Administrative Assistance, Schedulers and Regional Managers. This position is also responsible for supervising a team of engineers
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
1. Approximately 50% of time will be focused on supporting both customer and Field Service Engineers.
2. Up to 25% of field service support, attending training classes or hosting training classes on campus will be required. Travel is required through North America.
3. Utilize remote diagnostics capabilities to assist and help fix customers machines. Work with service schedulers for coordinating correct field support
4. Understand technical documentation, ETK, schematics and blue prints to utilize them during telephone support
5. Utilize and understand SIS Software system to correctly create and enter missions
6. Update and close cases/missions upon review and completion of service calls
7. Working knowledge of SAP software and other computer skills as required by position.
8. Maintain communication with customers, Field Service Engineers and other TRUMPF Inc. personnel in a professional manner
9. Interface with TRUMPF Inc. departments as necessary to obtain answers to technical problems
10. Approximately 50% of time will be focused on supervising a team of Product Support Engineers.
11. Stay up to date with new product introductions
12. Perform recurring reviews or team’s performance including random audits for quality.
13. Create training plans for each engineers and schedule with our training department
14. Ensure proper support by scheduling PTO, Training & Field Missions to meet customer demands and internal goals
15. Approve PTO request and bi-weekly timecards.
16. Monitor incoming cases to ensure highest level of customer support is being provided and daily goals are met.
17. Hold recurring meetings with team.
18. Other administrative projects, office and technical tasks as assigned by Manager.
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)) completed.
Minimum 2 years of experience is required.
Additional Experience Requirements
Two year technical school degree with concentration in Engineering principles or suitable combination of education and work experience.
Must have extensive TRUMPF product knowledge. Minimum three years prior experience or equivalent in customer service/technical concentration is preferred. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Engineer/Architect
- Experience should include the following skills: Manufacturing (Heavy Industry)
Application Deadline: 29 Sep 2019