Job Location: Farmington, CT, United States
"Trusting in brave ideas" this is our promise to everyone who works for us. As a family business, we make long-term decision and provide our people with the trust and stability needed to bring their ideas to fruition, even the unconventional ones. Being a market and technology leader in machine tools and lasers, we courageously shape the manufacturing of tomorrow, meeting every challenge with bold, fresh thinking.
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
1) Analyze MRP and process Purchase Order Requisitions for spare parts required from Domestic or International Suppliers.
2) Create Purchase Orders and send to Domestic or International Suppliers.
3) Create MRO POs (for items such as office supplies, spare parts for internal use or packaging supplies)
4) Adjust quantities, prices and delivery dates in purchase orders to reflect vendor confirmations.
5) Resolve pricing discrepancies by working with the Accounts Payable Team, the Central Purchasing Team or with the Vendor on invoicing issues.
6) Help to rectify receiving issues
7) Issue Return to Vendor Purchase Orders when stock is received incorrectly, damaged or is not needed.
8) Monitor open orders to assure timely arrivals to avoid out-of-stock situations.
9) Escalate past due orders or bottleneck situations via the CRM system and with Management.
10) Communicate discrepancies on third-party vendor confirmations with the Central Purchasing Team.
11) File complaints via the CRM system when a discrepancy occurs regarding spare parts ordered from a TRUMPF subsidiary.
12) Discuss lead time issues from third party suppliers with the Central Purchasing Team on a quarterly basis.
13) Perform other supporting tasks for the spare parts buyer group as needed.
Associate degree or minimum one-year college. College degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
Minimum of two years of buying experience preferred. Candidate should ideally be familiar with SAP MRP (or similar). Must be organized and have the ability to work independently. Good communication skills, ability to work under pressure, and follow-through skills are a must.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.“
To apply for this post, please click the below link:
Application Deadline: 29 Sep 2019
Recruiters around the world have specific keywords in their minds for each position they are t...
Having a searchable resume is the best way for employers to find you.
Thousands of emp...
An effective resume can greatly improve your chances of getting the right job. NRBjobs offers ...