- Job Location: Akron, OH, USA
The Server serves food and drinks following established guidelines, procedures, and policies for food and beverage safety controls as prescribed by company standards. He or she interacts with guests and staff in a cordial, efficient, and professional manner and rings guest checks, collects cash, and processes credit charges following company policies and procedures. In addition, the Server helps with seating guests, clearing and setting tables, and preparing to go orders.
The ideal candidate for this position has a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma and at least one year of experience in a restaurant setting. He or she has previous experience handling money and operating point-of-sales (POS) and credit/debit card processing systems and can work a flexible schedule that includes days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Fluent English speaking and written communication skills, good time management skills, and professional dress, speech, and behavior are all required for this position.
- If a hiring manager should contact you, information regarding your application may come from an email address that your email provider may not recognize. Please be sure to check all email folders (including "junk" or "spam" folders) to be sure you're receiving updates.
- If advanced to the next stage of the hiring process, you may be asked to fill out a longer application.
- Greets all customers in a warm, sincere, and helpful manner
- Takes orders and serves meals and beverages promptly and courteously
- Operates the complete POS system and other required software
- Ensures that work areas are clean and that equipment, tools, and supplies are properly stored
- Follows safety and sanitation rules and practices
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and all company policies
- Helps bus and set tables and performs side-work as needed
- Higher Secondary(HSC) completed.
Additional Academic Requirements
- High school diploma or high school equivalency diploma preferred
Minimum 1 years of experience is required.
Additional Experience Requirements
- One year of relevant experience
- Point-of-sale (cash register) and credit or debit card processing skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift heavy objects as needed
- Able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be 19 years old or older
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Hospitality/Travel/Tourism
- Experience should include the following skills: Hotel/Restaurant
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical Benefits for employees over 30 hours
- Performance Review 2x per year
Application Deadline: 1 Oct 2019