- Job Location: Akron, OH, USA
The Bartender makes and serves drinks following established guidelines, procedures, and policies for beverage and safety controls as prescribed by company standards and strictly abides by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors and intoxicated individuals. He or she interacts with guests and staff in a cordial, efficient, and professional manner and rings guest checks, collects cash, and processes credit charges following company policies and procedures. In addition, the Bartender maintains inventory control, initiates liquor requisitions, and ensures established pars are maintained.
The ideal candidate for this position has a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma (additional coursework or training in bartending preferred) and at least one year of experience in a high-volume bar. He or she has previous experience handling money and operating point-of-sales (POS) and credit/debit card processing systems and can work a flexible schedule that includes days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Fluent English speaking and written communication skills, good time management skills, and professional dress, speech, and behavior are all required for this position.
- Ensures proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis by requisitioning and stocking all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce according to established policies
- Greets all customers in a warm, sincere, and helpful manner
- Prepares and presents drinks using standard ingredient recipes and practices prudent portion control
- Operates the complete POS system and other required software
- Ensures that work areas are clean and that equipment, tools, and supplies are properly stored
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and all company policies
- Higher Secondary(HSC) completed.
Additional Academic Requirements
- High school diploma or high school equivalency diploma required; some post high school education or training preferred
No experience is required.
Additional Experience Requirements
- One year of relevant experience
- Point-of-sale (cash register) and credit or debit card processing skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift heavy objects as needed
- Able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be 21 or older
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Hospitality/Travel/Tourism
- Experience should include the following skills: Hotel/Restaurant
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical Benefits
Application Deadline: 1 Oct 2019
., , United states
Company Website: .