- About the Role
BHP’s Mt Keith have an exciting permanent opportunity for a Facilities Maintenance Supervisor to join the team. The main focus of this role is to effectively manage the provision of Facilities Maintenance services across Mt Keith’s Single Person Quarters and facilities including the Airport. A competitive salary is on offer together with 12% superannuation and a range of company benefits whilst working a family friendly 5/3, 4/2 days only roster.
Job Location: Perth, Australia
• Responsible for safe execution of maintenance to approximately 1200 Single person rooms, Airport, Mess and ancillary village facilities
• Ensure all work is performed in accordance with site health, environmental and community policies, systems and procedures
• Engage and continuously develop the team’s technical capabilities, task efficiency and work quality
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Be a self-starter and a motivated leader
• Responsible for initiating minor projects and the continual improvement of the village facilities
• Integral part of a dynamic team with shared responsibilities
• Ensure compliance to the 1SAP process for work execution and capture related transactional data.
Our successful candidate will have:
• A Trade background would be advantageous
• Hold a current Australian driver’s licence
• Proven experience in leading and supervising teams
• Previous Single Person Village (SPQ) or Mt Keith Village exposure is desirable
• Exposure to working in an Aviation environment is desirable, however not essential
• Competency in the areas of people management, decision marking and change management
• Proactive and flexible attitude, with the ability to solve problems in a constantly changing environment.
As part of the recruitment process for this position you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in a background screen including a criminal history check, identity check and qualifications check.
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor Degree in any Discipline) completed.
No experience is required.
Nickel West Mount Keith
Nickel West Mt Keith is located 460 kilometres north of Kalgoorlie in the Northern Goldfields. The site includes an open pit surface mining operation and a nickel concentrator. The operation is surrounded by pastoral stations, with the nearest townships being Leinster and Wiluna. There's plenty to keep you entertained in the Mt Keith Village. Take the heat off at the end of the day and head to the pool, visit the well-equipped gym or join in a game of footy. BBQ dinners and other social activities are regularly held. Employees commute to and from Perth on a fly in / fly out roster.
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Human Resource/Recruitment
- Experience should include the following skills: Manufacturing (Heavy Industry)
Application Deadline: 1 Oct 2019