BHP is establishing Operations Services – a new team of employees who will provide production and maintenance services that have previously been performed by external contractors.
- Job Location: Brisbane, Australia
We are investing in our team to take your skills and career to places you never thought possible. This is an exciting time for BHP. Are you ready to make your place?
About the Role
The purpose of Execution Enablement (EE) is to accelerate the delivery of the OS’ value proposition by supporting frontline production and maintenance. We have an opportunity for a Specialist Maintenance Analyst to join the Execution Enablement team. As a Specialist Maintenance Analyst you will be responsible for delivering high value analytics and reporting services to maintenance/production and developing Operations Services (OS) wide operations and strategic plans. You will also monitor and communicate OS performance; conduct descriptive / diagnostic analysis to understand the drivers to optimise OS and broader BHP performance.
- Provide productivity benchmarking and theoretical analytics across a wide range maintenance and production metrics to ensure Operations Services sustainability.
- Provide specialized maintenance and production analytics and diagnostics to continuously improve Operations Services productivity and safety.
- Provide insights from maintenance and production data, identify opportunities for improvement and replication elsewhere in the business.
- Analyse trends across a wide range of metrics and OS deployments (Maintenance & Production) to provide recommendations for optimising business performance and resourcing;
- Perform correlation and diagnostics identifying opportunities for new Mastery Standards, standardised work and improved maintenance and production activities.
- Ensure accurate and timely dashboard reports are available to stakeholders based on their needs;
- Produce high-level and specialized tailored reports on various data in a timely and meaningful manner using MS Excel and in-house systems
- Provide feedback on performance to all the key stakeholders to improve future plans, designs, schedules and forecasts
- Conduct descriptive and diagnostic analysis to understand performance issues (e.g. root cause analysis, internal and external benchmarking) and identify opportunities to drive improvement.
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor Degree in any Discipline) completed.
No experience is required.
- Hands on experience with Business Intelligence tools like PowerBI, Tableau and Qlik Sense Strong; organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritise tasks and work autonomously;
- Advanced level of operating knowledge in MS Word, Powerpoint & Excel;
- Demonstrated ability to translate data into insights; and to apply analytics to solve business problems;
- Experience in heavy industrial / manufacturing / mining environments desirable.
- Ability to present complex ideas or data cohesively to a wide range of audiences (C-level, senior leadership, technical teams and business users).
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Engineer/Architect
- Experience should include the following skills: Manufacturing (Heavy Industry)
- Your diversity of thought and practical experience will be embraced and you will be empowered to make a real difference to our business.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
Application Deadline: 1 Oct 2019