- Job Location: Port Hedland, Karratha & Pilbara, Australia
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of businesses and commodities, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees are enabled to reach their full potential, where they feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the skills and abilities of our people are a key differentiator of our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Reporting to the Laboratory Supervisor, you will be responsible for the execution of planned maintenance and operation of the Analytical and Sample preparation of assets.
Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Promoting a team culture where communication is open and respectful.
- Using SAP and the tools provided, manage the laboratories spares and maintenance consumables to WAIO Asset Reliability standards.
- Assist the laboratory team with Isolation outside the normal processing requirements.
- Assist the team in Operating the plant to ensure desired output.
- Execution of planned continuous improvement project work.
- Perform the Breakdown Laboratory Maintenance Tasks and undertake failure problem solving.
- Secondary(SSC) completed.
Additional Academic Requirements
- Successful completion of secondary education.
- A post-secondary electrical or mechanical trade qualification in a manufacturing or laboratory field is desirable, previous mining experience not essential.
No experience is required.
- WA “C Class” Drivers Licence or equivalent.
- WA Restricted Electrical Licence or have the ability to achieve.
In this residential role you will be based in Newman, Western Australia working on a full time basis. It would suit someone local or willing to relocate.
You will be working at the closely located ‘Mount Whaleback’ mine site, which at more than five kilometres long and nearly 1.5 kilometres wide is the biggest single-pit open-cut iron ore mine in the world. The 7,000 strong population of Newman enjoys well-established town facilities including a newly revitalised town centre and sporting facilities. As a gateway to the Karijini national park, you will be in close proximity to spectacular gorges, water courses and stunningly unique landscapes.
As this is a residential position, relocation assistance will be provided. You will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Engineer/Architect
- Experience should include the following skills: Manufacturing (Heavy Industry)
Application Deadline: 1 Oct 2019