- British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice — whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
There’s no doubt our industry is controversial — we’re the first to admit that. But rest assured, we take a responsible approach to our trade. In each of our markets, we observe every local law regarding tobacco (in many cases going further through our own voluntary code). Not only that, we treat our farmers fairly, invest in the environment and help to sustain local communities.
We also excel at developing our own people into leaders of the future. As an organisation with a high-performance culture, we’ll expect a lot from you. But we’ll support you every step of the way to help you deliver. If you’re passionate and ambitious, rapid career progression is a reality here. And because we’re such a large company (we employ more than 55,000 people worldwide), there are plenty of exciting opportunities for you to develop a truly extraordinary career.
Ready to boost your skills and build a career through unique and practical experiences?
We are glad to introduce XCELERATE, our internship programme that is designed for individuals who are looking to work in a dynamic global organization.
The programme comprises of functional projects which, you, as an intern will be assigned to for 3 months (October to December, 2019). Along with accomplishing challenging tasks every day, you would receive mentoring from the assignment manager on your performance through a structured plan and defined set of deliverables.
We expect you to continuously strive for development and contribute actively to the business through your projects in the functions as defined below
- Brand & Business Development
- Trade Marketing & Distribution (based outside Dhaka - compensation for which will be elevated)
- Legal & External Affairs
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor Degree in any Discipline) completed.
No experience is required.
We expect you to be 4th year degree university student with a zeal for learning, someone driven and ambitious. You’ll also have an analytical approach, complimented by excellent organisational and planning skills. Naturally, you’ll be a good communicator in both English and the local language. Also, if you are opting for Trade Marketing & Distribution, you’ll need to be agile- with an appetite to live and work outside of Dhaka!
If you have the talent and expertise to make your mark in a global organisation that thrives on diversity, innovation and a commitment to helping people make the most of their abilities, find out more about working for us at www.bat.com.
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Human Resources/Recruitment
- Experience should include the following skills: Manufacturing (Heavy Industry)
Application Deadline: 4 Oct 2019