- Job Location: Woodstock, Canada
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
A Cashier scans and bags customer purchases, processing various forms of payment for goods and services, and promotes signing up and use of the Wal-Mart MasterCard.
• Practicing the 3 meter Attitude. • Greeting all Customers with a warm, friendly smile. • Ensuring each Customer receives a friendly, accurate and professional service. • Following the “One Best Way” standards of practice. • Operating a cash register by scanning items across an electronic scanner to record price, compile printed list, and display cost of the Customer's purchase, tax, and rebates on the monitor screen. • Assisting Customers with the bagging and loading of their merchandise. • Informing all customers about the Wal-Mart Rewards MasterCard and processing applications. • Promoting company sponsor programs, i.e., credit card service, product protection and charity initiatives, when applicable. • Moving to the outside/front of the register, when possible, to greet the next Customer. • Accepting all forms of Customer payment according to company guidelines. • Correctly counting back change to the Customer to prevent cash overages and shortages. • Making change, cashing cheques, and issuing receipts to Customers. • Scanning merchandise quickly and accurately. • Achieving the "Item Per Hour" goal. • Achieving the "Scanning" Percentage goal. Additional Responsibilities • Adheres to all company policies and standard operating procedures. • Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor Degree in any Discipline) completed.
Additional Academic Requirements
No experience is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Mathematical Skills • Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. • Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent. • Ability to determine the number of individual things in a unit or group. Basic Reading/Writing Skills • Ability to understand the meaning of written or printed matter and to record information by inscribing characters or symbols.
Licensing & Other Qualifications
The Associate must complete all Wal-Mart Basic and Advanced Training Modules and classes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. • The Associate is regularly required to walk or stand. • The Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 18kg (40lbs.). • The Associate will be required to perform tasks involving firm grasping. • The Associate will occasionally be required to bend, twist or squat. • The Associate will be involved in frequent repetitive hand actions. • The Associate will be required to reach above shoulder height and below waist level.
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Accounting/Finance
- Experience should include the following skills: Retail/Wholesale/Import-Export
Application Deadline: 19 Oct 2019