Versar is seeking a mid-level fuel systems construction inspector with current API 653 certification to oversee fuels system renovation projects at Andersen Air Force Base, Guam. The position is for a full-time on-site inspector at Andersen AFB for an estimated duration of 2 years or more. Bulk fuel storage tanks and associated piping systems will undergo repairs/refurbishment and an experienced fuels technician with previous construction management experience overseeing previous similar fuels project repairs/renovation is desired to oversee construction/renovation progress, and ensure the construction contractor is properly following the government's specified statement of work. This inspector will also review submittals and contractor submitted Requests for Information.
- Job Location: Yigo, GU, USA
- Review contractor submittals to ensure compliance with specifications and recommend for approval/disapproval to the government
- Review and provide recommendations to the government regarding contractor submitted Requests for Information
- Ensure safety on the jobsite
- Complete daily and weekly status reports for each project
- Notify supervisor and government representative of any performance difficulties requiring extra time or costs to address
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)) completed.
No experience is required.
- API 653 certification required
- Must speak and write English well
- Must be qualified to obtain a base pass to permit work on a military installation
- Previous experience/familiarity with the Microsoft Office family of software (especially Word, Excel, and Outlook) required
- Must be physically able to enter tight spaces and walk up ladders and scaffolding to observe operations inside, outside, and on top of bulk fuel storage tanks
- API 570 certification desired
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Engineer/Architect
- Experience should include the following skills: Archi./Engg./Construction
Application Deadline: 19 Oct 2019