- Job Location: Bridgeton, MO 63044, USA
Hunter Engineering Company is a global leader in the development and manufacturing of automotive service equipment. We are in search of enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals at the sophomore or higher level pursuing Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering. This role is for a Manufacturing Co-op, providing support to operations or engineering to improve process layout, optimization of the manufacturing process and a host of other exciting projects.
Summary: As a manufacturingf co-op, you will provide technical support in the planning, coordination, inspection, monitoring and reporting of the operation of the plant. You will improve product flow using Kaizen events, plant rearrangement and a variety of related sources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* You must follow all safety guidelines and wear safety-toed boots in the plant.
* Assignments will be production, engineering, maintenance or quality.
* Projects could be any of the following:
* Recognize, design and implement plant improvements utilizing 3D CAD software and a hands-on approach; create or update work instruction for use in production; create design plans; prepare time studies; process mapping.
* Fabrication and design of racks, fixtures and other components using 3D CAD Software Creo.
* Construction of designed projects using basic machine shop and welding skills.
* Participate in 6S program; update job safety analysis.
* Daily tasks as assigned can include: tiltration analysis; air reports; utilization tracking reports; inventory counts; velocity measurements of welding intake and exhaust ventilation systems; data collection on machine performance
and operations usage.
* Utilization of 2D AutoCAD LT.
* Prepare and present an end of semester overview to the management team.
* Participate in company-sponsored events.
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)) completed.
Additional Academic Requirements
* 2.5 GPA minimum; pursuing Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or other related degree.
No experience is required.
* Basic experience in machine shop, welding, 3D CAD and Microsoft Office Suite, preferred.
* Ability to work three rotations in a work-study co-op program.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* You must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
* Ability to work 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 5 days per week. Available for overtime work as needed.
What you will Learn:
* Day to day responsibilities in a production, engineering, maintenance or quality position
* Hands-on experience includes welding, powere tools, CNC machines, soldering and general fabrication techniques.
* How to work with others in a professional setting to complete tasks.
* How to use AutoCAD 2D and PTC Creo (Pro/E) 3D CAD software.
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Engineer/Architect
- Experience should include the following skills: Archi./Eng./Construction
- Project lists assigned at the beginning of the rotation and additional projects will be assigned throughout your co-op experience. Our Co-ops earn $18 per hour and non-local students receive a monthly housing stipend of $350.
Application Deadline: 21 Oct 2019