USC is seeking a Senior Business Officer to direct the business operations for the Office of Strategic and Global Initiatives and the USC Bovard College. The Senior Business Officer oversees the strategic planning process, provides leadership in data analytics and analysis, and manages short- and long-term school and department budgets. The successful candidate will have the ability to work strategically and collaboratively to achieve organizational goals.
- Provide financial leadership and consultation to the COO and the vice president and dean on the development of strategic plans including budgeting, forecasting, financial impact and long-term planning efforts.
- Translate goals into well-defined plans and incorporate industry data where relevant.
- Develop strategic plans that continues revenue growth for Bovard College, leveraging existing ideas and developing new ideas based on industry trends and opportunities.
- Oversee budget administration including planning and developing budgets, data analysis, implementing internal policies and procedures, and ensuring compliance with university and applicable laws and regulations.
- Build and maintain cross-functional relationships with partners in General Counsel, Office of the Provost, Treasury, nine international offices, central university offices, etc., ensuring timely and seamless communication of forecasted financial data, budget planning and financial results.
- Partner with General Counsel and Treasury to maintain finance related compliance with international laws and manage all international banking relationships as the university representative.
- Manage relationship with international accounting and payroll vendors.
- Plan and manage administration of facilities, equipment and space utilization, including expenditures and negotiating vendor agreements.
Minimum 7 years of experience is required.