- Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Founded in 1970, Urban Outfitters (www.UrbanOutfitters.com) operates more than 200 stores in the United States, Canada, and Europe, all offering an eclectic mix of merchandise. We stock our stores with what we love, calling on ourand our customer'sinterest in contemporary art, music, and fashion. From men's & women's apparel and accessories to items for the apartment, we offer a lifestyle-specific shopping experience for the educated, urban-minded individual in the 18 to 30 year-old rangeboth online and in our stores as well as through our catalog.
Digital Graphic Designer
The Jr. Motion Graphic Designer is responsible for the creation, execution and integration of many of the motion graphics across the Urban Outfitters brand. Working in collaboration with editors, producers, designers and art directors they will design new forms of animation that further communicate the Urban brand voice. Innovation and progression are integral parts of the UO design aesthetic, and a key focus in this position. The Motion Designer will work on a diverse array of media including video, mobile/web content, digital marketing, advertising, presentations, among others.
- Execute a project from brief through to production and delivery to the highest possible standards.
- Concept new ways of interaction with graphics, illustration and art in video, collaborating with art and video directors.
- Work with editors, producers and other designers to resolve technical and/or design issues.
- Research and analyze animation practices that can be applied to the brand identity, to synthesize and share with the team.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest graphic design techniques.
- Self-manage an efficient workflow.
- Be able to utilize strong communication skills and work within a large team dynamic.
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines, deadlines and design standards.
- Drive the brand's animation voice forward.
- Assist in designing and creating storyboards.
- Create and deliver motion graphics in various media including web, mobile, etc.
- Work with team leads to understand project scope and objectives, help provide design solutions.
- Assist in selecting audio, video, colors, animation for design when applicable.
- Edit raw video footage and add effects/elements to enhance motion graphics.
- Maintain and follow best practices for version control, naming conventions and organization of graphics.
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor Degree in any Discipline) completed.
Additional Academic Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in Design or experience in a related field
No experience is required.
- Highly skilled in After Effects
- Well versed in InDesign and Creative Cloud applications
- Cinema 4D, Maya, Autodesk or other 3D experience is a plus
- Good understanding of post-production in creating video from still and moving assets
- Design-trained to understand typography, movement and layout.
- Experience designing animated graphic formats (gif, svg, etc)
- Experience with Animate or HTML5 animations a plus
- Strong organizational skills, file management and methodical workflow
- Ability to interpret a brief and communicate internally
- Experience in working to tight deadlines
- Excellent eye for detail, and a problem-solving attitude
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Design/Creative & Arts
- Experience should include the following skills: Garments/Textile
Application Deadline: 2 Nov 2019