- Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Serco is looking to hire a Safety and Assurance Coordinator for their Defence contract MELABS, to support the Contract operational teams, and Portfolio Safety Assurance Manager in assuring Safety and Assurance compliance within the contract. Reporting directly to the Contract Manager, the incumbent is expected to form an effective working relationship with other key personnel, becoming part of the operational management team.
- Assist in implementing the Serco Management System (SMS) and IFS Integrated Management System (IMS) including policies, procedures and processes.
- Make recommendations for improvement to the Management Systems to ensure compliance and document evidence of continual improvement supporting the ISO certifications
- Supervise the implementation and maintenance of risk, quality, health, safety & environment management systems.
- Supervise in the process of obtaining and maintaining external certification of the management systems to ISO 9001, ISO22000, HACCP, 14001, and 45001.
- Report on progress regularly to the Portfolio and Sector management team
- Schedule and manage compliance calendars, conducting audits and advising on areas of improvement.
- Conduct investigations into unplanned events, identifying root cause and recommend actions to avoid reoccurrence.
- Ensure the management of contractors, including a permit to work system, review and comment on specialist service provider risk assessments, method statements to ensure safe operations by contractors.
- Coordinate and participate in toolbox talks, safety briefs and health & safety meetings.
- Perform and carry out other duties as instructed by the Safety Assurance Manager or Contract Manager as required within the scope of the individuals' competency and experience.
- Manage the training needs analysis, competencies and deliver/ coordinate any required training including maintenance of accurate records & reporting.
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor Degree in any Discipline) completed.
Additional Academic Requirements
- Degree qualified, Microbiology (preferred)
Minimum 3 years of experience is required.
Additional Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar position
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Solid understanding of ISO 9001, 14001, HACCP, ISO 22000 and ISO 45001 standards
- Internal Auditing Experience.
- Food Safety and Hygiene Experience [advanced food hygiene certificate an advantage]
- Personal integrity and personal values consistent with Serco's governing principles.
- Holder of a NEBOSH Certificate in occupational health and safety or similar IOSH qualification;
- Valid ISO Internal Auditor Certification.
- Sound computer and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of FM working environments
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Security/Support Service
- Experience should include the following skills: Logistics/Transportation
Application Deadline: 2 Nov 2019