- Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The purpose of this position is to assist the Base Operations Manager to manage, develop and coordinate Base Operations services under the Contract. The services include:
- Planned Preventative Maintenance;
- Operations and Maintenance of Utilities;
- Pest and Vermin Management;
- Equipment Maintenance;
- Grounds Maintenance;
- Infrastructure Support;
- Minor New Works; and
The purpose includes assisting the Base Operations Manager to achieve contractual and internal targets for quality, safety, operations, service reliability and achievement of customer service standards, supervision of internal and external staff, along with a panel of subcontractors working for Base Operations.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of scheduled maintenance plans in accordance with (IAW) the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) requirements.
- Assist to manage all Scheduled Maintenance Services IAW approved Scheduled Maintenance Plans (SMPs) for:
- Facilities, grounds, fixed plant and equipment, fire suppression and alarm systems
- Generators, catering equipment, medical equipment, domestic and office-based appliances, furniture and fittings, and other mobile plant and materiel third parties;
- Produce and implement an electrical integrity testing program (defined in the Scheduled Maintenance Plan) for electrical equipment considered to require testing and certification consistent with AS/NZS3760:2003 in -service safety and inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring that subordinates register assets in the Asset Register and accurate records of all services are performed on the asset. Additionally, the updated Asset register should be accurate at all times and available for audits and for Contract Change Proposals (CCP).
- Assist with managing the scheduled and un-scheduled Maintenance Activities (raised through reactive Work Orders), in accordance to the contractual agreements between SERCO MELABS and Australian Defence Force (ADF) recorded through Contract Work Breakdown Dictionary (CWBD).
- Act as Manager of Department in absence of the Base Operations Manager.
- Take the lead in ensuring timely responses to requests for all Maintenance Services from the Contact-Centre. Requests will be classified as 'Urgent', 'Priority' or 'Routine' or make safe within agreed timeframes.
- Ensure that any requests deemed to be 'Urgent' or 'Priority' shall be referred to the ADF Service Delivery Manager (SDM) for endorsement prior to the work proceeding.
- Support the Manager to ensure that all the Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) both for Critical Service lines like - Power and Water Generation and Non-Critical Service lines like - Reactive Maintenance and Pest and Vermin, as documented in CWBD are correctly managed.
- Ensure that wherever the estimated Maintenance costs exceed pre-approved level; the Survey & Quote (S&Q) process is adhered to; detailing all estimated costs and estimated completion time.
- Manage the pickup, repair and return of items to their work location. This includes delivery and return of stores and equipment within AMAB, and between AMAB, local suppliers and local trade repair facilities.
- Support the Civil Engineer that oversees the minor new works and projects such as construction, refurbishment or restoration, demolition, road construction and Maintenance, earthworks, electrical infrastructure and plumbing: IAW designated time frames and resource limitations.
- Assist to manage a team of supervisors and admin staff. Assist the Base Operations Manager with regards to staff professional development and performance management.
- Assist with managing the day to day requirements of sub-contractors and inform the Base Operations Manager if there are any service delivery or behavioral issues
- Ensure that the proper resourcing planning conducted in order to meet task achievement, technical, cost, and service parameter outcomes.
- Provide technical leadership to Team Leaders, Supervisors and other Professionals.
- Assist the Base Operations Manager to ensure that the critical services like power generation and water generation is provided to ADF and is maintained in accordance to the OEM.
- Assist the Base Operations Manager to ensure that the operationally, critical facilities like ADF Shooting range is managed and is available for operational usage. The periodic maintenance of this facility is to be undertaken in accordance to the agreed scheduled maintenance plan.
- Assist the Base Operations Manager to ensure that the Pest and Vermin Plan is executed in accordance to contractual requirements.
- Assist the Base Operations Manager to ensure that the Grounds Maintenance Services provided to the ADF, are executed in accordance to contractual requirements.
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor Degree in any Discipline) completed.
Minimum 3 years of experience is required.
Additional Experience Requirements
- Minimum 3 years' experience, preferred in building services, facilities management, industrial or commercial maintenance en v i r on m en t;
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Supervisory experience within a similar environment.
- Possess good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- Be able to communicate and write in excellent English language;
- Ability to multi-task and analyze situations promptly and without bias to determine the proper course of action or alternatives without jeopardizing human safety, quality and the committed performance targets;
- Good judgment and decision-making skills; complex systems and possess good IT skills;
- Intuitive with outstanding interpersonal influencing and communication skills, able to develop and motivate other.
- Must have as a minimum, a valid technical qualification (i.e. mechanical, electrical, HVAC etc.);
- Must have as a minimum, a valid Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Certification, or suitable equivalent;
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Production/Operation
- Experience should include the following skills: Logistics/Transportation
Application Deadline: 2 Nov 2019