Responsible for acting as the primary commodity pricing and cost modelling partner for Retail Products across the National Brand and Owned Brand portfolio. Contributes to cost management strategies across the business; collaborates with Category and Sourcing Managers, Supply Chain, Private Brands, external Suppliers and forecasting functions to develop historical, competitive and future-looking commodity cost trend analysis; standard cost models including “should cost” analysis; focuses on supporting negotiation strategies that mitigate price increase pressures from National Brands and Owned Brand vendors; supports pro-active price decrease initiatives where commodity price trends reveal price reduction opportunities.Job Responsibilities
- Supports Category and Sourcing Manager clients by collating multiple commodity data feeds and creating actionable business insights through rigorous trend analysis. Briefs and supports deployment of cost trend analysis to Category and Sourcing teams. Works with Sourcing Managers and vendors in order to build standard cost models for key products and leverages commodity trend analysis to provide dynamic outputs that can be leveraged in vendor cost negotiations.
- Develops prioritized cost reduction recommendations that contribute to improved category margin Performance.
- Manages deep dive analysis of key commodities to address strategic business questions such as implications of currency exchange, commodity pricing, labor rates, etc.
- Collaborates locally and globally across Global Sourcing & Supply in order to leverage knowledge of product cost structures, supply market economics, value chain structures, supplier and category expertise in order to provide commercial insights, accelerate opportunity identification and strengthen negotiation strategies.
- Coaches and develops peers and others (at all levels) on data gathering and analytical techniques.
- Collaborates closely with relevant functions (e.g. Insights, Finance) to access critical data, ensure aligned reporting definitions and drive operational performance against plan. Identifies key factors that drive cost price pressures and advise on where take corrective action.
- Leads complex analyses on behalf of cross-functional teams including challenging the thinking and points of view of team members when the data does not support the arguments being made. Will be expected to present analysis finding and recommendations to senior leaders.
Minimum 1 years of experience is required.