For us, a diverse, inclusive and enjoyable culture is the foundation for great work. It’s why we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities and cultures, and promote a flexible way of working that enables a genuine work-life balance.
Plus, our unique scale and scope means there are outstanding opportunities for career growth and personal development, whatever your ambitions.
Ready to take the next step in your career?
Get started by registering your interest.
Job Location: Brisbane, Australia
Every year, all over Australia, around one million customers walk into one of Australia Post’s 4,400 Post Offices. And it’s our retail teams who make sure that every experience they have is a great one.
So if you have not just a knack for great customer service, but a real passion for connecting with people from all walks of life, then you’ve come to the right place.
About the role
- A number of Casual vacancies available in the Central Brisbane & Northern suburbs which include: City East, Fortitude Valley, George Street, Indooroopilly Centre, New Farm, Paddington, Chermside Centre, Toombul, Hamilton.
- Various casual roles working on call on weekdays with rotating shifts between 8:00am to 6:00pm (usually in 4-5 hour shifts).
- The first 12 weeks will be fully paid training every week day 4 hours a day.
- After the training it will be working as required on a casual basis weekdays between 8:00am to 6:00pm.
- Saturday work is also available if interested.
- Fully Paid Training Program
- Convenient locations & near stations.
- Entry level position within an iconic Australian brand
A day in the Post Office could see you:
- Performing customer sales and service transactions
- Maintaining a cash advance accurately – which includes handling and processing cash, cheques, credit cards and EFTPOS
- Promoting and processing a broad range of financial agency transactions through Australia Post's technology systems
- Conducting and processing a number of identity services transactions, including Australian Passport Interview – establishing an applicant's identity with a highest levels of accuracy and compliance
- Promoting our products and services through up-selling and cross-selling, merchandising and other promotional activities
- Accepting mail items for lodgement, and accurately assessing any applicable charges
- Building rewarding relationships with customers by understanding their needs
- Preparing outward mail for dispatch through – including presentation and the cancelling of stamps
- Assisting with administrative duties such as stocktaking and record maintenance
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor Degree in any Discipline) completed.
No experience is required.
Besides being a friendly, considerate person with a real passion for great customer service, you’ll need to be able to:
- Lift up to 16kg of mail repeatedly
- Stand up for most of your shift
- Be flexible for additional hours, as well as changing shift times or locations
- Work as part of a team to deliver the best possible service and solutions to our customers
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Customer Service/Call Center
- Experience should include the following skills: Consultancy Firm
Application Deadline: 24 Nov 2019