Software Development Engineers (SDE-II) are the bright talented and motivated young minds with strong technical skills, developing software applications and services that make life easier for customers.
The SDE-II is expected to work with an agile team to develop, test, and maintain digital business applications.
As an SDE-II you will get an opportunity to work with industry leading clients and global teams to solve complex business problems and build your skills on the full stack of application development technologies
You will work in the spirit of agile & a product engineering mindset - driving the sprint outcomes, iteratively & incrementally, following the agile ceremonies
You will help define & prioritize Epics and Stories; Groom the stories functionally & help define the acceptance criteria (Functional & Non-Functional/NFRs) collaborating actively with stakeholders - locally & in client org., shaping end-to-end customer requirements
You will lead the technical grooming, brainstorming & whiteboarding design sessions to define & articulate the solution approaches, to identify tasks & estimates, to design and document sub-system(s) along with interfaces & wireframes
You will have breadth of concepts, tools & technologies to address NFRs like security, performance, reliability, maintainability and advocate relevant trade-offs
You will bring in expertise to optimize and make the relevant design decisions (considering trade-offs) at the sub-system level & challenge the status-quo
You will be a polyglot with a PE mindset Open & Curious, learning & adopting new languages, platforms & toolkits constantly
You will work with SDE-IIIs, SDMs to define & understand the overall system architecture, standards & guidelines, helping them with the details of the sub-system specifics
You will mentor & guide, actively evangelize and inculcate the engineering mindset and culture, share knowledge within Peer groups, SDE-Is, ASDEs, while providing and receiving constructive feedback
You will drive change with a continuous improvement mindset working on opportunities to shift left; Proactive about reduction of tech. debts, eliminating waste, increasing automation, using the right productivity tools, understanding client business, using dashboards for monitoring & alerts
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor Degree in any Discipline) completed.
5 - 10 years of experience is required.
Additional Experience Requirements
- Min 5-10 years of experience.
You will be accountable for sub-system design, development & deployment, quality with an E2E focus, following the engineering best practices, standards:
- Solve problems at an Epic level, given the overall business requirements
- Design Sub-systems focused on solving business problems; Ensure Implementation is in-line with design & well integrated with all other dependent sub-systems/systems
- Evangelize adoption of Test First approach & TDD; Apply BDD for Functional & Integration testing; Review Unit & Acceptance Test suites
- Ensure closure of Tech. Debts & adopt practices to prevent Tech. Debts
- Use SCM like GIT; Advocate the relevant branching strategies for code development;
- Use integrated tools like Jira, Confluence etc., along with other collaboration tools across geo locations
- Perform Peer Reviews of system/sub-system, module level design & implementation; Work with SDE-IIIs to establish coding standards
- Use Static Analysis & Profiling tools to ensure high Code Quality & Performance
- Practice & Inculcate the DevOps mindset, adopting CI/CD to Deliver, Deploy & Support the implementation from Dev., QA environments all the way to Production
- Document Code (Doc as Code), Functional Features (BDD), Config. As Code, User Manuals to help in the support & training
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Information Technology
- Experience should include the following skills: Consultancy Firm
Application Deadline: 26 Nov 2019