- Job Location: Sydney, Australia
Foxtel’s purpose is to bring home Australia’s most valued entertainment experience. Whether it’s a blockbuster sports match, a must-see reality episode, an election special, the newest hit movie or the most ambitious drama, Foxtel brings together the best of TV and on demand for our customers.
Working at Foxtel means being part of something different, better, special. We put our customers first, we own it, we’re authentic, we focus on changing the game, and we win together.
What’s in it for you?
We have a benefits program with something for everyone, but we’re in the entertainment business, so what would a Foxtel benefits program be without a free Foxtel subscription and discounted broadband!
Above all, we’re passionate about entertainment and, if you are too, you’ll love working with us. So if you’re excited about this opportunity, please click ‘Apply now’.
We’re searching for a Network Operator to take ownership of monitoring and supporting IP Broadcast, Broadband and Technology platforms. This requires the investigation and escalation of problems to maximise technology availability.
- Monitor Technology platforms through event management and monitoring tools, escalating problems as required.
- Liaise with third parties for IP Broadcast, Broadcast, Triple Play and Technology platforms planned events and unplanned issues.
- Maintain and administer monitoring tools and support applications.
- Maintain accurate details of any new or ongoing problems in operational tracking databases.
- Manage event communications to IT Help Desk and IT Operational management.
- Assist Technology support departments when required.
- Maintain daily operational tasks such as IP product testing, system backup tape rotations, building security access provisioning, management of server room access when required, in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update Operational processes.
- Comply with all Foxtel’s Policies, Procedures and auditing requirements as amended from time to time.
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)) completed.
No experience is required.
- Experience in Information Technology Network troubleshooting and problem solving in an enterprise environment.
- Strong logic skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Previous experience in a Network Operations Centre or similar position preferred.
- Demonstrated tolerance for high volume workload and multi-tasking abilities.
- Working knowledge of ITIL practices.
- Tertiary education or Information Technology related qualification preferred.
- Strong ability to work autonomously and collaboratively
- Requirement to work a rotating shift roster including regular night and weekend shifts.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong documentation, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Information Technology
- Experience should include the following skills: Media/Advertising/Entertainment
Application Deadline: 26 Nov 2019