- Job Location: Cincinnati, OH, USA
A-Line Staffing is now hiring Pharmacy Tech in Flint, MI. The Order Entry Tech would be working for a Major company and has career growth potential. This would be full time / 40+ hours per week and benefits are available after 90 days.
Pharmacy Tech Duties
- Ensure that all referrals are complete, clear and within clients scope of service.
- Verify insurance accurately and completely prior to passing the referral to the pharmacy staff.
- Gather and exchange information to gain authorization for therapy requested and re-authorization as necessary which may include gathering patient-specific clinical data from referral sources
- Coordinate with Sales and Advocates in order to facilitate records requests from referral sources.
- Request and perform timely follow-up on authorizations for medical and pharmacy benefits
- Calculate gross margins for therapies
- Enter patient demographic information into the clinical system.
- Communicate with other departments, including sales, regarding the status of referrals and documentation requests.
- Notify patients/families/referral sources regarding coverage and payment responsibilities as necessary.
- Speak knowledgeably regarding reimbursement issues.
- Respond to inquiries from patients and referral sources via telephone, fax and electronic data interfaces.
- Document in the patient’s clinical record progress notes, all requests and conversations for the purposes of seamless coordination of care.
- Demonstrate professional etiquette and courtesy when interfacing with consumers/ customers.
- Aid in the resolution of consumer/customer complaints by identifying problems and coordinating appropriate corrective action through attention to detail and taking the initiative to resolve issues before they become a problem.
- Comply with and adheres to all regulatory compliance areas, policies and procedures and company “best practices”.
- Insure that the patient database is complete for height, weight, current and past medical history, clinical laboratory results and concurrent medications (including over-the-counter and/or home remedy medications) as necessary.
- Assist the pharmacist, nurse and patient with clinical and technical support.
- Work with team of other pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, nurse manager and sales staff to ensure quality of care to all patients.
- Higher Secondary(HSC) completed.
Additional Academic Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid license or certification
No experience is required.
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Medical/Healthcare/Pharma
- Experience should include the following skills: Consultancy Firm
Application Deadline: 27 Nov 2019