- Job Location: Escondido, CA, USA
A-Line Staffing is now hiring Medical Biller in Escondido, CA. The Medical Biller would be working for a Major company and has career growth potential. This would be full time / 40+ hours per week and benefits are available after 90 days.
Medical Biller Duties:
• Strong customer service skills; answering client calls; prompt return and follow up to all interactions; prompt response to requests for information, both internally and externally• Prepares charges for off shore operations and answers and resolves questions.
• Complete chargers and/or resolve charge and payment inquires for off-shore vendors.
• Prepares, assigns and reconciles batches; provides ongoing communication and reviews discrepancy process.
• Reviews source codes; tallies Hash totals.
• Maps ICD nine, CPT and modifiers as needed.
• Creates claim edit report for charge entries.
• Reconciles imputed payment postings and balances batch report.
• Prep charges for IHS, indicate any modifiers needed on CPT codes, notate the codes for any hand written DX, procedure, etc., return any charges to the Doctors office that require clarification
• Complete batch once IHS enters by validating, verifying, clarifying/correcting any questions they may have had and closing the batch.
• Import or enter Charges and post payments for Clients not placed with IHS.
• Work claim rejections for clients not with IHS and oversee the claim rejections worked by IHS for the clients placed with them making any corrections or taking any actions needed.
• Spot audit charge and payment batches completed by IHS to ensure all information is being entered accurately.
• Complies and enforces all policies and procedures related to the position, the department and the company
• Achieve goals set forth by supervisor regarding error-free work, transactions, processes and compliance requirements
• Other duties as assigned
- Higher Secondary(HSC) completed.
Additional Academic Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
No experience is required.
Additional Experience Requirements
0-2 years of experience in same/related field
Technical: Extensive knowledge on use of email, search engine, Internet; ability to effectively use payer websites and Laserfiche; knowledge and use of Microsoft Products: Outlook, Word, Excel. Preferred experience with various billing systems, such as NextGen, Pro and Allscripts.
Personal: Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language; Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail; team-oriented, collaborative; ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Communication: Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints from employees and clients. Ability to speak clearly and to make effective and persuasive arguments and presentations.
Math & Reasoning:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to use critical thinking skills to apply principles of logic and analytical thinking to practical problems.
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Accounting/Finance
- Experience should include the following skills: Consultancy Firm
Application Deadline: 27 Nov 2019