Business Insider's tech team is looking for an editor
Business Insider is looking for an experienced editor to join our growing team in San Francisco and help cover the various facets of the tech industry, from startups and Big Tech to consumer hardware, enterprise software, and cloud services. The role will involve handling edits on a lot of breaking business news coverage. It will also entail editing and working closely with reporters on features, profiles, and investigations.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the tech industry, including the key products and trends, the competitive landscape, and the nuances of the various business models.
The candidate should be able to turn rough copy into compelling prose, understand the difference between a press release and a news story, and work quickly under deadline pressure.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Experience covering the tech industry as a business journalist, and familiarity with the broad span of tech, from consumer to enterprise.
- Proven editing skills, and ability to work with a mix of story types, from breaking news to profiles.
- Basic understanding of business and financial concepts, from quarterly earnings to M&A.
- Ability to help reporters improve their stories, providing guidance and suggestions on information and sources to include, as well as on style and structure.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and a sense of humor.
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor Degree in any Discipline) completed.
No experience is required.
Insider Inc. is the publisher of Insider, Markets Insider, and 16 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Media/Event Management
- Experience should include the following skills: Media/Advertising/Event Mgt.
Application Deadline: 3 Dec 2019