Business Insider is hiring a paid editorial fellow to produce and edit tech videos.
The Insider Fellowship Program is for early career journalists who want to spend six months learning from a newsroom full of passionate, dedicated journalists. Fellows are assigned to teams and become experts in digital storytelling. They produce real work that is distributed to our audience of millions, and leave ready for the next phase of their journalism careers. For more information on the Insider Fellowship Program, see here.
Fellows in this role will spend their time doing meaningful work researching, writing, shooting, and editing instructional tech videos. They will have the opportunity to create videos like How to use Apple Pay and help produce web stories like How to type faster.
The producing and editing fellows will create videos for a wide audience across the web and various social media platforms. Candidates should be familiar with our existing videos and eager to contribute work in our style.
All potential candidates should have:
- Experience reporting and writing (school publications are okay)
- A passion for storytelling through video on the topics we cover
- Familiarity with digital and social media
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively with a fast-paced team
- Proofreading and copyediting skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop
- Experience using audio and digital video equipment including Canon and Sony cameras
- Experience shooting great video on smartphones
- Ability to quickly execute scripts into videos that will be shared across platforms
- An interest in covering all forms of technology
No experience is required.
This is a paid fellowship based out of our New York office. Fellows are encouraged to work 40 hours a week, and fellowships run for six months. Start date for this position will be December or January.
Created for the digital generation, Business Insider is the largest business news site in the U.S. and one of the fastest-growing news brands in the world. We embrace the themes of positive change and innovation and use fast, fun, and informative storytelling to cover the business, tech, and finance news stories you need to know to work, play and live better.