Provides assistance to the assigned neighborhood community in the coordination of resident skills, community resources, and the revitalization plan to implement activities within the neighborhood to stabilize and rebuild the neighborhood. Collaborate with Resource Community Center coordinator to meet the needs of the community.
1. Assists in the coordination of outreach activities taking place within the assigned neighborhood. Participates in selected events for other neighborhoods as needed.
2. Assists with community resources for employment counseling, job readiness, and skills training to residents in the assigned neighborhood.
3. Work with the Neighborhood Association to schedule assistance for community events.
4. Produces quarterly newsletter, information flyers and appropriate letters with the assistance of Lee County Human Services staff on a monthly basis.
5. Provides assistance to the Neighborhood Task Force/Board as required by Lee County in order to coordinate and implement the neighborhood revitalization plan.
6. Maintains data tracking systems of activities and events for the community center, outreach activities and prepares other required reports as needed for Lee County, and Goodwill.
7. Attends meetings with Neighborhood Association members, Lee County Human Services, Goodwill and other Neighborhood Resource Specialists. Training sessions as needed to enhance skills, abilities and professional growth.
8. Prepares invoices for reimbursement from Lee County Human Services
9. Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor Degree in any Discipline) completed.
Additional Academic Requirements
- A degree in a related field is preferred, but not required.
Minimum 2 years of experience is required.
Additional Experience Requirements
- Two to four years of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training.
1. Knowledge of acceptable business formatting, spelling and grammar for reports.
2. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services.
3. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology (knowledge of Goodwill and Lee County Human Services systems).
4. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
5. Ability to communicate in a professional manner and effectively convey ideas in way that is understandable.
6. Ability to effectively manage time and to meet monthly deadlines.
7. Ability to train and teach others how to access support services.
8. Ability to perform physical tasks including, but not limited to, lifting up to 30 pounds, bending, stooping, and general agility needed to keep office clean and organized.
9. Ability to be reliable, responsible, dependable, and able to fulfill obligations.
10. Ability to be pleasant with others on the job and display a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
11. Skill and willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
12. Ability to work a varied schedule, nights and weekends occasionally.
13. Ability to pass a Level II background screen.
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Research/Consultancy
- Experience should include the following skills: Consultancy Firm
Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace.
Application Deadline: 3 Dec 2019