The Legal Entity Control team has end-to-end responsibility for the financial affairs of the various Legal Entities in the Macquarie Group Structure, including periodic reviews and financial commentary, statutory and management reporting, capital monitoring and license calculations. The LEC team is also responsible for preparing the Financial Statements for managed legal entities; ensuring high standards in the deliverables; correct adequate disclosures, handling the external audit of the subsidiaries accounts and collaborating with various internal Macquarie teams for information gathering and analysis in meeting and delivering the overall process objectives
Key responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate strong business understanding and provide context to accounting and financial matters including complex transactions.
- Extensive IFRS based financial reporting Reviewing Financial statements and exhibiting complete ownership in end to end way.
- Identify, plan and mitigate the risk areas inherent to LEC functional responsibilities and providing firm constructive advice / point of view in resolving complex work situations.
- Regular compliance activities which form part of ongoing monitoring and control periodic financial review of entity balances, attestation of all LE owned balances, impairment reviews, dividends assessment, presenting financial reports in Board Meetings with complete accountability.
- Legal entity recaps funding for transaction investments, cash settlements of intercompany balances managing FX exposure and reviewing journals for hedging.
- Review of the financial performance of the entity on a regular basis (especially during the year end process) and presenting to the senior stakeholders.
- Reviewing and improving processes, controls and systems that impact the financial information related to legal entities.
- Develop and exhibit core specialisation in assigned finance areas and reflect subject matter expertise (SME) knowledge within and across teams
- Identify and proactively resolve issues that could result in financial misstatements and classification errors.
- Compliance with financial control standards and LEC policies
- Undertake and deliver Projects, improvement initiatives and standardization approaches. Lead and drive efficiencies by continuous improvement of finance processes and identify opportunities for adding higher value in the finance chain
- Manage and develop the team members and provide regular support and guidance to them in executing the LEC functional responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with various teams and senior stakeholders.
- Responsibility ownership over the work performed within the GFS team, ensuring adherence to timetable and work plan and maintaining high quality of the deliverable. This role is a combination of team management as well as individually managed and delivered responsibilities
6 - 8 years of experience is required.